Mr. Newt being cute

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Because it's not like he doesn't have a HUGE rock/cave, plant and out of the water platform to chill in/on:rolleyes:

DSC_7627_zps96vhvetg.jpg

Nope, my newt likes to hang out in the filter lol (don't worry, he does it ALL the time, he's able to get in and out and hang out on it without harm/getting stuck). It is apparently the *perfect* spot for a newt nap:

DSC_7625_zpsspsctajl.jpg

DSC_7626_zpsldq4abs0.jpg

(Yup, he does dip his head in the filter as he sleeps)

OR uses it kinda like a newt jaccuzi;)

DSC_7628_zpsptsqsgvu.jpg

DSC_7629_zpsozwawrle.jpg

What a character!

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Hahahahaha, I swear they NEVER appreciate the nice things we get them, do they?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Cute Newt, April! Very clever use of his filter! I love the last photos, looks like an ideal place to relax.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Hahahahaha, I swear they NEVER appreciate the nice things we get them, do they?

LOL. Kind of like the kid who gets the "best toy ever" and all they're interested in is the box:rolleyes:

Actually, Mr. Newt is very active and is all over everything in his tank. It just makes me laugh to see him plopped in the filter when he has a perfectly nice ledge with a plant and everything right next to it.

Cute Newt, April! Very clever use of his filter! I love the last photos, looks like an ideal place to relax.

The running water must be "soothing" for him to nap in lol.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Aw, the pampered Mr. Newt!!That's adorable April :D It's like he's in a little bathtub.

Remind us how old he is now?

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Over 7 years with us (we had him before Kiwi, but I don't remember an exact date). He is a very pampered newt lol... With his ever sparkling tank and bold-colored accommodations;)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Now that you mentioned it, I do see a very luxurious ledge complete with plant. Must be the running water.

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
It's a therapeutic tub with running water! I don't blame him.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Very nice set up you have! What a happy newt!

Most Reactions