Much needed update (pics)

Roxy_9_2011

Feb 3, 2012
Media
Albums
Michigan
Parrots
Roxy-Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, Zeus-Turquoise conure, Carlos- YN Amazon & Jazz- GW macaw
Hi all, I haven't posted in a long time about how my Roxy is doing. She's great! :D She is 1 and a half already. I can't believe she'll be 2 in September! I do have a question. Does anyone have a stuff animal or something soft and cuddly in their bird's cage? I attached a pic of Roxy with her cuddle buddy (normally its hanging in cage and she's under it like you see in the pic). She LOVES him and cuddles with it ALL the time. Bonus is it's not a bird so I don't the bond between her and me :)

Just a couple weeks ago my boyfriend and I were offered a deal we couldn't refuse. We're adding on to our flock (though it's a small flock lol) We are getting a turquoise conure in a few weeks! It'll be my boyfriend's though. At their first meeting it was "cuddles" at first sight :) The conure was a butt to me and his breeder mom and about everyone else, but when my boyfriend held him he was all cuddles. So very thankful it was meant to be for him. If it's a boy (hopefully!) his name will be Zeus. Which I think is perfect for a conure, with their big egos and all lol. If it's a girl we don't have a name yet lol I attached a picture of "Zeus" and my boyfriend's ear lol

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Charlie used to have a wicker wreath with felt cloth weaved into it that he loved, but I took it away from him for a while (for cleaning and potential hormonal issues it may have caused) and when I gave it back to him, he was terrified of it... haven't tried since, but I still have it!

B03.jpg

B02.jpg

The turquoise GCC's are pretty! Gratz on your soon to be new addition!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
That is too cute! It's nice that she has a little cuddle toy! My birds would just get freaked out over something like that! LOL! Congrats on your new addition. When do you bring him home?

OP
Roxy_9_2011

Roxy_9_2011

Feb 3, 2012
Media
Albums
Michigan
Parrots
Roxy-Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure, Zeus-Turquoise conure, Carlos- YN Amazon & Jazz- GW macaw
We're probably going to bring him/her home in about 3 weeks. Mainly waiting when I move my 2nd cage from my parents home to our place. He's already eating seed/pellets along with daily formula.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Beautiful birds thanks for sharing! Monica my yellow collared has a wicker reef wrapped in fleece and she loves it, not hormonal about it though:p

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
What cute pics. I have been thinking of getting a little stuffed toy for my Chiquita. Congrats on your new turquoise gcc. they are very cute:)

Most Reactions