Mulga Parrot!?? need some info pls!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
someone is claiming that this is a mulga parrot 8 months old.
I'm not sure about this ad. something doesn't ring true here...
I spoke to the guy, he seemed nice enough but something seems off.
he told me that he got this bird last week, from a lady who lives in his building, and she just came back from Australia, and she brought it back with her.
Now I'm not sure how she did that bringing a bird in Canada??

he said she ran an ad on kijiji advertising this bird.
now truly people, I'm on kijiji all the time, and I have NEVER seen this ad.

this bird seems young to me, and it certainly doesn't look 8 months old, and looks like crap.
he said it's a female,and is looking to sell it --he just got it last week!
He just got a IRN last night, took the mulga out of the cage and put it in a crate until he sells it.
I asked him if it was banded he said yes. I asked him what he is feeding it and he said ground seed....not sure what that is.
he's asking 200 for the bird, I don't have enough right now to go and rescue that poor bird, and he won't take anything less.

I have no intention of keeping this bird, but would love to rescue it and bring it back to good health.

what are people thinking???!!!:eek::eek::eek:

>>>>ok, I decided to post the second picture, and the link came up as ebay!!!, what the heck is going on here????

Austrailian Mulga Parrot (Very Rare)

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzUwWDEwMDA=/$T2eC16JHJGEFFm6+GiSQBR,Cu0b9cg~~48_14.JPG

Last edited:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
While the pics are not that good, the head coloring does look pretty good for a young female mulga, but not sure.....

Ebay bought kijiji, but in some parts of the world links still connect through while here in the U.S. if you click on a kijiji it will show as Ebay.....

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
While the pics are not that good, the head coloring does look pretty good for a young female mulga, but not sure.....

Ebay bought kijiji, but in some parts of the world links still connect through while here in the U.S. if you click on a kijiji it will show as Ebay.....

thanks weco, I didn't know e-bay bought kijiji. that would explain the e-bay image.
I still feel sorry for that bird though....ugggg:(

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
More like 8 week, not 8 month. Scam. Stay miles away, you can't save them all and by buying this bird you're opening up another spot for another neglected bird for him to use as a scam.

Ignore the add and walk away.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
More like 8 week, not 8 month. Scam. Stay miles away, you can't save them all and by buying this bird you're opening up another spot for another neglected bird for him to use as a scam.

Ignore the add and walk away.

I thought it looked young, not 8 months. I know I can't save all of them, even though I wish I could.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Ebay is the owner of Kijiji, and also the founder/creator of it... so it has always been Ebay... If I go to Kijiji.com, it redirects me to ebayclassifieds.com - although that was a recent change as it used to remain as Kijiji...

I'm hesitant about the Australian part and would be more interested in speaking to the previous owner... but definitely looks like a mulga! Shame the idiot wont take care of her properly! Not even a temporary cage for her? Pfft...

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
In Canada, it is still comes up as kijiji, even though e-bay may own it.

He told me that since he is selling her there is no point in buying a cage.

I'm not sure why he bought this bird, I asked him, and he said he bought it from the lady just last week, then decided to get an IRN instead.
the guy I spoke to is a University student, sounded like he was in his early 20's, sounded nice enough, but things just didn't add up for me.
I told him it was mean to have a bird like that in a crate, it looks heartless.

He said he cared about the bird, and would like it to go to a good home, so I made a few suggestions, that is all I could offer at the time.

Last edited:

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
I guess what I read was about ebay rebranding kijiji in the U.S. that I read a couple of years ago.....sorry Crimson, but I don't worry, Monica will be along to correct us errant duffers.....

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Weco, you can't be right all the time! ;)

Crimson, I hope someone knowledgeable about the species gets her! Or at least someone willing to learn how to care for her!

Catherine_

Nov 7, 2012
Far North Coast of NSW, Australia
Parrots
Sam; Alexandrina
"and she just came back from Australia, and she brought it back with her.
Now I'm not sure how she did that bringing a bird in Canada??"

It is against the law to export birds out of Australia or import birds in.

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
I guess what I read was about ebay rebranding kijiji in the U.S. that I read a couple of years ago.....sorry Crimson, but I don't worry, Monica will be along to correct us errant duffers.....

so true weco, your funny lol,
monica, no worries, I always enjoy your comments even to us errant duffers as weco calls us :rolleyes:

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
I totally agree, I just hope and pray that someone who buys that bird knows more about it than doofus did.

Most Reactions