Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
So, I am currently a correspondence student, part time. This means I usually have some schoolwork to do each night. I've always tried to do it with Kyo out, but 99% of the time she makes it impossible and gets mad at me for not paying enough attention to her.

Tonight I decided to leave homework until after Kyo's bed time and to give her my full attention. Can you guess what she did?

She ignored me! Almost all night! No interest in cuddles, no talking, no tricks, just way more interested in her toys (which would have been great had I brought my work upstairs with me!). To be fair, she did give me about 5 minutes of her attention to investigate her harness, but after that she was totally not into hanging out.

Little stinker. But I have to say I did enjoy the peaceful evening of a slightly less hyper than normal conure. Eventually she came and sat on my knee looking at me, making her little conure noises (she usually talks more than she makes natural sounds) so I knew she wanted something.

I went for her treats, and she went right into her cage. I guess she knows I'm working early tomorrow and wanted an early bed time. There she was, sitting by her food bowl, waiting for her treat for going to bed nicely.

Conures are so full of surprises. I love every moment with my girl. :) :green2:

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Kyo wants to let you know it's not ok to be doing that work instead of paying attention to her....but if you aren't working, hey, that's cool, nothing to prove, we can just hang out....don't get all weird. hahaha Half toddler, half teenager. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Kyo was looking out for you, she wanted you to relax and enjoy her excellent company with no homework for either of you. Kyo is so adorable, I cant imagine it's easy to tell her no.

GreyNickels

Oct 4, 2015
NY
Parrots
Verdi - Green Cheek Conure
Pippi - Congo African Grey
When I got about 3 sentences into your post, I thought you were going to say your bird ate your homework. :p

Glad she was a quiet study date for you. :)

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
When I got about 3 sentences into your post, I thought you were going to say your bird ate your homework. :p

Glad she was a quiet study date for you. :)

Oh yea, she eats my $200 text book and tries to destroy my computer every time. I was flipping through doing practice questions last night and had a chuckle at how many pages had little holes in the bottom corners.

Most Reactions

Latest posts