Mxxx's new cage

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Saw this on Craigslist and just had to have it for Maxx. It is an A&E Medium Fan cage, otherwise known as the Conure Castle 32x23x64, 46 Inch Interior.

CC1-1.jpg

CC2-1.jpg

kerry

Jul 3, 2011
In a suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon -female, Umbrella Cockatoo - female.
Wow, very nice, he might get lost in there!!
Is that him at the very bottom in both pics?
Very nice for him to have all that space!!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Very nice new place ya got there Maxx!

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Maxx now lives in a hotel. Go Maxx, you deserve the best (all our birdys do)

OP
Bobioden

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Wow, very nice, he might get lost in there!!
Is that him at the very bottom in both pics?
Very nice for him to have all that space!!

Thanks, I am sure he is going to LOVE it. Yes, that is him in the very bottom right side eating his Hemp seed.

I put him in the cage with nothing but the wood perch and him, and he looked TINY. He loves it, He has been all over every inch so far, and having all his toys in there makes him feel right at home.

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Is maxx really in there? I looked and looked and still cant see him. Boy, that cage is HUGE! he must be the tiniest little dot and yes! I am wearing my glasses LOL

OP
Bobioden

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Nice cage. It is very near the front door. Hope your bir does not get outside.

Actually that door leads to my deck overlooking a huge courtyard. The courtyard is inclosed on 3 sides by the u-shaped building, and the 4th has a 8 ft wall with 2 ft of metal grate on top. Maxx is also clipped.

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Lucky find, mind if I ask, "how much?"

We recently "rescue/adopted" 2 tiels and they came with a huge cage as well, although not nearly as gorgeous! Hmmm...I've been wondering it's dimensions...BRB...

Okay, it's 46"H x 36"w x 23" Deep...so I guess about the same size, our's just isn't as gorgeous and it doesn't have the stand, but it does have rollers on the base so it's easy to move around.

Congrats! It's Lovely!

Toni

OP
Bobioden

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Beautiful! Beautiful! Beautiful!

Lucky find, mind if I ask, "how much?"

Toni

This one retails for $500. I have seen it for sale for $395, and the same place has the Blue or Green for $316 as those colors are being discontinued.

I got it for $175, and think I got an excellent deal.

OP
Bobioden

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Here is the top part of the cage. I am still trying to figure out how to hang the toys. The top seems full, just need to work more on the middle and bottom half.

CC3-1.jpg

CC5.jpg

CC4.jpg

His old cage is outside on the other side of the window. I will move him back and forth, weather permitting. Denver weather is pretty nice all year round so he will be outside
quite a bit

CC7.jpg

and his view from his outside cage, and from the window inside.

CC6.jpg

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Dang! I should say you got a good deal.

I've had the same delima with the rescued tiels cage...how to 'equip' it. It's hard to "fill" a big cage like this I've found. My husband made some custom perches, twisty branches, that are awesome! And the tiel's LOVE 'em. I posted some pictures in the cockatiel forum...you can probably find the thread I started with pictures by looking in my profile under threads I've started.

Anyway, I do the same thing with our smaller "starter" cages...they've now become the outside cages.

Maxx is soo darn cute!

Toni

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
*wistle* dang Max, you just made Rio a bit jealous!(ya, ya, ya, me too hehe) lol It looks like you live at the Ritz, beautiful home, beautiful view! And...your parront got a great deal that makes it even better!! Enjoy your new space! :D

TonyCagg

Jun 30, 2011
Upstate New York
Parrots
Nic Nic..."World's Quietest" Eleonora Cockatoo
I wish Nic Nic's cage had storage like that on the bottom.

Part of it was lack of forethought on my part i suppose, but even now, looking at Cockatoo sized cages, I see very few with room to store stuff on the bottom.

Next cage we get, it will be a requirement I think.

Good luck with Maxx's new digs...looks like a nice size for a little guy like him.

Angela19

Aug 9, 2011
New York
Parrots
Alexandrine "Mango"
Love this cage, I was looking at it online and found it for the $395 but Im looking for blue or green, where did you see those colors cheaper. Such a great and beautiful cage, LOVE THE STORAGE!

OP
Bobioden

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
I don't think we can post sites with prices. Do a google search for Conure Castle. the site that has it for $395 is the place. Go to the color drop-down menu and it shows the Blue and Green for $316.76

ConureLove

Sep 6, 2011
Australia
Parrots
Winkee:1 year old Green Cheek Conure male & currently nameless: 10 week old Pineapple Green Cheek Conure hen.
That is one fantastic cage! Add me to the jealous list too :) And it sounds like you got a fantastic deal price wise too.

OP
Bobioden

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Thanks everyone, yes, I do think I got a great deal. I was just about to buy the cage new, and pay twice the amount plus, when it came up on Craigslist. So far it has turned out great. I bought a few toys, a couple new rope perches, and it has filled in nicely.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
That's great! I found mine on Craigslist too! Mine is a little bigger on the inside (goes down further instead of having storage)! Puck doesn't go on the bottom of his cage, so it seems sort of pointless to have it go so low, and I'd much rather have storage! Maybe I'll keep looking on CL and see if I can find another one more like this! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts