My 12 week baby spoke!

Ollie13

Jan 19, 2014
Sydney
Parrots
Red Sided Eclectus
Hi everyone

I am really excited to announce that my 12 week male eky Ollie said "Ollie's a good boy." He thought noone was home and heard him making kissing noises and chattering to himself in his cage. I took out my iphone and decided to record making sure he wouldnt see me or else he normally would just stop and become too shy to continue chatting so i hid behind the wall near his cage. Was the cutest thing ever! Love you my sweet Ollie mummy is so proud of you :green::10::10::10:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That's is so exciting! What a smart boy Ollie is:)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sweet! Looks like Ollie is on an accelerated schedule! And it shows you must work with him quite a bit. Most impressive.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That is so awesome to hear the first few words
Continue speaking to Ollie as much as possible
You will definitely be in for a few surprises

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Wonderful!!! Oliver talked early too but very simple words like hello and Momma. Now at 16 months he's saying more and much clearer and full sentences. I'm so excited for you and Sir Ollie!!

OP
O

Ollie13

Jan 19, 2014
Sydney
Parrots
Red Sided Eclectus
Hi guys thanks eveyone. Now i just have to get him to talk in front on me not when he thinks he is home alone hehe

Mike17

Aug 12, 2013
Media
Albums
Outback Western Australia
Parrots
Alex- Eclectus, Ariel- whiteface, Junior- pied, Custard-lutino, Ziggy- pearl cockatiels, Kermit- Princess parrot, Jade- Plumhead parrot, George- budgie, Coco- Rainbow lorikeet, Corey-Little Corella.
Great news, you must be putting in some work with Ollie. Our 4 year old, Alex, says a lot less now than he did in first year. Perhaps because we have so many birds :)

OP
O

Ollie13

Jan 19, 2014
Sydney
Parrots
Red Sided Eclectus
Yeah i think thats normal when you have other birds my Ollie is on his own and often my husband complains about me giving Ollie more attention haha but Ollie is the youngest baby in the house :green::)

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts