New Bird

jordan.D

Feb 1, 2013
Media
Albums
New south Wale, Australia
Parrots
Alexandrine hybrid
Hi Guys, I need some advice... I am thinking of getting an Eclectus parrot, but I'm not sure whether to get a male or a female. My other bird is a male and so am I, so im not to sure

any suggestions or advice please and thank you.

Henryandjoey

Mar 4, 2013
IME males tend to be more feisty and female are slightly more laid back , but in your case I would recommend another male due to the other parrot being male :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have a male eclectus and he is very laid back. Have you done some research into eclectus? They require a much different diet that other birds:)

Sadie13

Jan 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Mango Beak-Eclectus,
Red- CAG,
Opal- LSC2,
Porkchop- Yellow sided GCC
I have heard the boys are more laid back and even tempered, where the girls can be more hot headed and hormonal.
I decided to go with a male based on what i had read, and i am very happy with my boy!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
IME males tend to be more feisty and female are slightly more laid back , but in your case I would recommend another male due to the other parrot being male :)

I think you have that turned around!!!

The males are more laid back as the females can be more feisty! But I love them both, my pair of ekkies is absolutely wonderful to have around as they're both sweet hearts. But the male didn't come that way, I had to train him to be like he is now.

Most Reactions