imashish

Nov 12, 2014
Media
Albums
India
Parrots
Alexandrine parrot Golu
Dear All,

In past two months I tried and saved 1 wild parrot trapped in cage and a dog who met accident with a car, but the dog has not survived more that 7 days.

On daily basis I missed my lovely son Mithu, I always feel that my soul is crying to see and hug him once.

My female Alexandrine always cry when I came back from office. I feel like she is requesting me to bring my male parrot back. It's very painful moment of my life. All happiness and joy of our life have already lost in time.

I'm living in North India, City Chandigarh.

I'm still searching for abandoned or needy Alexandrine male for my little angle and myself. It's very hard to pass a day and night without seeing him in my arms. :(

I always tried to hide my tears in front of my little angle and family.
I Don't know what to do where I can find my bird back to life. It's really very painful time.

I want somebody to help me out.

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
Dear Ashish

My suggestion is that you should go to a wildlife rescue shelter in your near vicinity and perhaps consider volunteering over the weekends. I don't know of any specific one in Chandigarh, but I can find out.

OP
imashish

imashish

Nov 12, 2014
Media
Albums
India
Parrots
Alexandrine parrot Golu
Very sorry to hear this news. For anyone reading this thread, it shows how dangerous cats can be to parrots as Mithu undoubtedly died from pathogens present in cat saliva and in/on their claws. As some suggest,. please dont drink and smoke more, its not helping and only hurting yourself more. I suggest that you get involved in any bird related activities near where you live .... bird sanctuary or a environmental program to help save a local Species. TO help ease your mind, I made a donation to Cornell University, to be used exclusively on parrot related programs and studies and it is in Mithu's name. Mithu will be remembered by more then just your family. I too lost a parrot who passed with no obvious symptoms, and it was/is a painful event. I would also wait awhile before getting another parrot, and keep in mind that there will never be another Mithu - each and every parrot has his own personality. If you get one right away, I think you will be expecting him to be and act like Mithu. Let Mithu's memories stay with you but be open to a new fresh start with another parrot.

I hope this helps turn the pain into just a throb. Bless you and your wife for giving Mithu a good home while he was with you.

Respect, I salute you sir.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Passing of a Feathered Friend
Provided By: Steven (SailBoat), November 2016

“All of us feel such deep sadness when our Parrot friends die, and because they are Animals and not Humans, we are at a loss for words. Often, it is only other Parrot owners who can understand the depth of the loss that we feel with this complex, loyal, and loving creature. Resulting from such a loss, I have placed feelings and emotions into words and found verse to console the loss of my Cleo and since her, other sweet Amazons, in turn; I hope it will speak for all of you.” - Steven

You left this world so quickly. I can hardly comprehend your leaving. Yet there, in my hands, your still body rested – no longer your home. So much I have learned, so much you have taught, your purpose a full measure beyond your size. Comprehensions of your loss still a mist but yet, I know you are whole and happy - now beyond Rainbow Bridge. And so busy you must be upon your [sweet] wings, guiding angles to those of us yet to cross. With in my ear, I still hear you, those special sweet sounds of comfort and contentment:

“Do not stand by my grave and weep my friend.
I am not here. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the gentle summer rain.
When you wake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry my friend.
I am not there. I did not die.”

My pray for you my beloved feathered friend:

“May your body nourish this earth.
May your soul find release and contentment.
May you fly high and free upon wings of spirit.
Rest in peace little [sweet] one.”

The love and tender warmth of you is a un-full-fill-able void.
I do so much thank-you for creating a space for another, a special place next to yours’.

In remembrance of Cleo, (Estimated) Spring 1959 - May 2003

Amazon’s Have More Love!

Sources: Cheyenne Warrior Blessing, The Amazona Society’s Forum, Steven (SailBoat)

May these words comfort you and bring you strength to move forward with your life. It is our living that bring meaning to their life with us. There is one waiting to be found by you. The search may feel slow, but there may also be a reason for that, a settling of you soul.

Steven,

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Hi Imashish...I read your post a while ago and just-now read through this entire thread...First of all, I want to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your little boy and that you and your family have been going through such grief. As others have already said to you, it's very normal and necessary that you, your wife, and your little girl all grieve and mourn the loss of your little boy, and yes, only time is going to lessen the intensity of the pain you all are feeling. It's still only been 3 months since you lost your little boy, and though I myself am 38 and have no human-children (I too, like your wife, cannot have natural-children due to cancer and surgery to remove my reproductive organs), I do however have children of my own, like you and your wife, they are my birds and my dog. Any time a parent loses a child, especially when it is totally unexpected and sudden, it's the greatest loss they will ever go through, and the most pain they will ever feel throughout their entire lives.

As I said, time will lessen the intensity of the pain you are feeling now, but your pain is not ever going to go away, as you lost a child who you loved more than life itself. And that's completely normal, to feel that loss for the rest of your life is normal, and it's perfectly alright and actually very healthy to cry about it, to talk about it with your friends, family, colleagues, etc., and to write about it online to other people who not only have lost a child or loved-one of their own, but who also totally understand the depth of your relationship with your little boy. However, once again, the pain of losing him isn't ever going to completely leave you, but it will lessen with time, and this also goes for your wife and your little girl. And a relationship that close and that meaningful in your life is not meant to go away, that feeling of loss cannot go away when you lose someone that you loved that much and was such a large part of your life.

What will happen with time, in addition to the intensity and impact of the pain you're feeling right now lessening, is that you'll learn to live with that pain, and instead of actually feeling that gut-wrenching emptiness that you're feeling now whenever you think about your little boy, eventually you will actually feel nothing but happiness and love whenever you think about him. That's what happens when we finally learn to live with our grief and realize that nothing we do is ever going to bring our loved-one back, but that we are blessed to have the many memories that we have of our lost loved-one, and eventually we'll again enjoy thinking about our lost loved-one.

The fact that you had such a close, strong, loving relationship with your little boy is such a blessing and a miracle, and believe it or not, many people who live in this world never have such a relationship with anyone, and they never get the chance to feel that kind of love for someone, or to get that kind of love in-return from someone. And even though this blessing of a such a strong bond and love was cut-short, far too short, the fact that it happened to you and your wife is very special, in and of itself. There are many people in this world that would be very jealous of your relationship with your little boy, even though his life was ended much too early, they would still wish to feel only a small fraction of the love you had with him, if only for one day...

The fact of the matter is that you cannot ever bring your little boy back, nor can you recreate the relationship that you had with him ever again. And most people who try to recreate a relationship that they had with someone who they lost too soon end-up actually feeling worse and creating nothing but more pain, and most importantly, more disappointment. Something that special is not meant to be easy to come by, and that's exactly what makes it special. It's to be cherished and fondly remembered, but never recreated...

That being said, what you can do is to make an entirely new relationship, a new bond, and have a new love with another bird that you bring into your life, and the lives of your wife and little girl. However, it's extremely important to remember that if you do bring home another bird to be a part of your family, that you are starting an entirely new relationship with this bird, it's not going to be Mithu, nor is it going to feel the same as it did with Mithu. It's going to be an entirely new relationship, a new bond, and friendship, and a new love with a new bird. And yes, you can love a new bird every bit as much as you loved Mithu...but it still won't be the same as it was with Mithu. There is nothing, there is no one who can replace Mithu or the relationship you and your wife or your little girl had with him. I fear that right now this is your goal, to actually find another Mithu, for a lack of a better way of saying it...and I fear for you because if that's the case it will no-doubt end in disappointment and heartbreak, both for you and for the new bird.

If I were you, I would not actually bring home another bird to your family until you are completely and totally able to admit to yourself, as well as feeling fine with the idea that Mithu is gone, and that any new bird that you bring home to make a member of your family is going to be just that, a new bird with a new name, a new personality, a new attitude, a new voice, and a new love. And once you and your wife are completely ready to start-over fresh by adding a completely new bird to your family, then and only then will you be able to create a new bond and a new love with another bird that is just as special as the one that you had with Mithu...

And whatever bird you eventually bring home and welcome into your family is going to be one extremely lucky bird, as I don't think anyone could seemingly love and care for a bird in the way that you and your family have...

Last edited:

Most Reactions