My African Grey, Indian Ringneck and I just joined. :)

freedwithwings204

Sep 2, 2012
United States
Parrots
1 year old Cinnamon Turquoise Indian Ringneck and a 10 year old TAG. (RIP Sydney, my silly 60 year old TAG, we miss you dearly)
Hello everyone!
I just joined the forum, I currently have a 9 month old turquoise Indian Ringneck named Socrates and a 45 year old African grey named Sydney. I am looking to share stories and to connect with other bird lovers.

Thanks!

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Welcome to the forum!! I love your birds names! Very nice.

OP
F

freedwithwings204

Sep 2, 2012
United States
Parrots
1 year old Cinnamon Turquoise Indian Ringneck and a 10 year old TAG. (RIP Sydney, my silly 60 year old TAG, we miss you dearly)
Thanks! I got both of them with their names and loved them. In Sydney's case it didn't make any sense to change his name. And with Socrates the previous owner named him, and at the time I couldn't have come up with any thing better!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hello wings, welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place to share stories and connect with bird peoples. have you figured out how to post pics yet?

OP
F

freedwithwings204

Sep 2, 2012
United States
Parrots
Thanks everyone,
I have figured out how to post pictures, and have plenty of my IRN, but getting our Grey to sit still long enough has proven to be tougher than I thought. lol. Some more info about myself is that I work/volunteer at a parrot sanctuary and rescue ( I love it too much to call it work, we also got our Grey from there.) so I have worked with everything from a Hyacinth macaw, a slender billed Corella Cockatoo, Pionus, Queen of Bavaria Conure and so much more. So I have a lot of experience in a lot of different species. And ALOT of funny stories from the birds there as much as my two birds. I have also been bit by just about everything. I have become very good at changing bad behaviors to more desired ones. (Having a Blue and gold go from screaming to whistling, even stopped several Too's from screaming.) Overall I love birds, and have from a young age. We also board birds, so we get a lot of variety from that too.

Most Reactions