Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
It's been a bit of a journey getting their new cage, which I ordered in early Sept. But I was super excited that it finally arrived - and I love it! It is a heavy beast, but is well constructed, and I love that they can fly in it. The most fun part of a new cage is watching them use it, and then "redecorating" until it works well for them :)

I thought for sure that I was going to have to find space to keep this one near their old cage so that they could get used to it before transitioning them into it. Nope! I was trying to put perches and toys into it, and they were quite insistent about "helping" the whole time. They moved themselves in and wouldn't come out to go to bed in their old cage - so there they stayed. We're now a week in and they have not been at all interested in going "home" to their old cage. I was prepared for a bit of a fuss, and they didn't even blink an eye.... yet my wearing the wrong color of shirt is a HUGE deal :rolleyes:

I think my husband reacted more to the cage than the birds did - apparently he feels that 3 large cages for 2 little conures may be a bit more than is actually necessary?

Attachments

• IMG_3297.jpg
    IMG_3297.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 215
Apr 3, 2013
MD, USA
Love it! I'm sure they will be very happy with their new home. Plus, if the husband keeps whining, you can fit him in there for a while too!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
WOW! That is a HUGE cage for 2 little conures! You sure you're not looking to add a few more to your flock:D

Is it any wonder they ditched their old cage ASAP? If someone gave you the keys to a fully furnished mansion, would you think twice about leaving your comparatively small regualar home:p

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
That is one impressive cage! If clark was in his cage more then I might go bigger but his is already more than adequate for now

OP
Jen5200

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
I wanted a large cage because I’m away all day at work, and wanted them to have room to fly and play during the day while I’m gone. They love being out in the evenings with us, but I felt like their old cage wasn’t enough space to be stuck in during the day :)

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Oh my god! That is one big cage,

I know it very well as a friend used it for 2 CAGs

How did you find a variant with the smaller bar spacing?

OP
Jen5200

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Oh my god! That is one big cage,

I know it very well as a friend used it for 2 CAGs

How did you find a variant with the smaller bar spacing?

I must confess that someone else posted a picture of it as a possibility for their conures months ago, and I had to hunt it down because I had never seen one with the small bar spacing. I kept the page open on my browser for months and attempted to find comparable sized cages for smaller birds. I haven’t been able to find anything else like it (except with large bar spacing), it has the divider panel for the center in the event that I ever need it to function as two cages. I was so excited when it finally arrived and is exactly what I had pictured in my head (although beastly heavy) :)

KateMyshkin

Oct 19, 2017
Florida
Parrots
Paco. A hybrid conure.
That is awesome! I know what you mean about finding large cages with the right bar spacing for smaller birds. That’s why when I saw the one Paco has now on Craig’s list I snatched it up. It’s six feet tall and three feet wide. It’s also the only stinking picture I can add to my profile that doesn’t show sideways. I’ll be adding more pictures when I figure that out. Anyway, your cage is AMAZING. I’m already buying multiple cages so you’re not alone. I need one for travel to the vet and one for sleeping because I can’t even cover that six foot cage with a king size sheet .. I need a bedroom for night night

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016
That is awesome!! And I thought Levi’s cage was big for him.
Very nice :smile049:

Carl_Power

Oct 3, 2017
England
Parrots
Quaker Parrot
Wow I love seeing when parrots are spoiled, nice big cage, loads of toys ect I'm sure they are gonna love life in there x

OP
Jen5200

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
If anyone ever needs an XL cage for conures - here’s a link to where this one came from (just because they are darned difficult to find with the small bar spacing). I’m impressed with the quality of it so far, it seems very sturdy and well built (and assembly was not terrible).

https://www.birdscomfort.com/large-cage-for-small-birds.html

Most Reactions