My Baby Comes Home Tomorrow!!

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Loco- Male YellowSided GCC
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
Needless to say I am beyond excited, although I am trying to contain myself to avoid any unnecessary stress for my new baby..

I am going toy and cage accessory shopping tonight after work, so tomorrow everything will be ready for him..

Here's some pictures of my pretty baby (with the breeder).. will definitely post pictures once hes home! :)

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
YAY! That is so exciting! He is a gorgeous baby:)
Have you decided on a name yet? I can't wait to hear all about him & see more pics:)
Have fun shopping tonight!

OP
kimn818

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
Thank you!!

No I haven't decided on a name... I was thinking Starburst.... but, I think Im going to wait to see his personality a bit :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Good idea! Sometimes the perfect name just pops into your head after you meet them. Starburst is a cute name, too:)

OP
kimn818

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
I went shopping tonight for toys and accessories, possibly went overboard! :) im thinking i'll make some of his toys most of the time cause boy was that an expensive outing, (but worth it knowing hes going to be so happy). I am just a little worried that I'm going to make something out of harmful/toxic materials.. tomorrow i think ill look through the forums to see if there's been a post about toy materials.

Here is a picture of his cage! (hope its clear enough).. He has 3 perches, a natural wood, a manzanita and a booda comfy perch.. (not including that swing) I cant wait until tomorrow when I bring him home! I'm thinking hes going to need more chewing and shredding toys.. and some foot toys.. I cant wait til I can upgrade his cage in a couple months to something bigger! Oh! I also bought him a play stand, since I plan to have him out of cage most of the time. :rainbow1:

Last edited:

Lovie

Feb 8, 2014
America~
Parrots
Birdie, my Lutino lovebird.
Eee, what a little sweetheart. I can't wait to see more pictures. :)

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
So cute! Congratulations!

Most Reactions