My baby is home..

blackangel4009

Mar 15, 2014
Media
Kansas
Parrots
Justice(Lilac Crowned Amazon)
I am so excited. I just picked up (Justice) my new Lilac Crowned Amazon. I am looking forward to our many years together. She had a safe flight home. Thanks Golden Cockatoo in Miami Florida for the beautiful bird…

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
How exciting for you! Congratulations on your new baby! May you enjoy many wonderful years together! Pictures soon, please!!!

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
Congrats!!! Wonderful to hear the flight was safe and Justice arrived safely. I love the name by the way!!

I vote for photos soon too!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YAYYYY!!!! Many, many congrats!!! Your excitement is shining through. :)

I'm all for photos, pretty please...with sugar on top. :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Congrats on your new arrival. They really are great little birds! One of the best temperments, really, of all the zons...

Mine will be 42 soon... (We think. She was wild caught.) So, this one is probably more like a family heirloom.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
How exciting! I'm betting she is pooped from her flight, but in the next few days I don't think anyone would complain about a couple photos of the new baby:54: I've heard lilac crowned are some of the more calm and gentle species of amazon, so i bet you will form a great bond with her in no time at all:)

I must say, the number of humans owned by amazons is increasing every day it seems. You macaw and cockatoo peoples better catch up or the stocky green army is going to take over:D

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Mine will be 42 soon... (We think. She was wild caught.) So, this one is probably more like a family heirloom.

Hehe. Thanks for reminding me..... I stand to inherit 3 "heirlooms" of the feathered variety, 2 being amazons. All are similar in age to your oldest baby. All are very healthy and 'lively' still too:52: Our (future) children stand to inherit one heirloom who was older when we adopted him, so he will be quite a crotchety old thing (I'm sure) by the time we kick the bucket:09:

OP
blackangel4009

blackangel4009

Mar 15, 2014
Media
Kansas
Parrots
Thanks everyone Justice has had a busy day so I will post pictures in a couple of days. Maybe tomorrow of her first vet experience yay!! Healthy friend��

OP
blackangel4009

blackangel4009

Mar 15, 2014
Media
Kansas
Parrots
Thanks everyone she is doing great and we got a clean bill of health from the vets. 😊

Attachments

• 20140321_095309.jpg
    20140321_095309.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 89

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Yay! Congrats! :D That is so exciting! She is really cute! And im glad to hear that she is healthy! :)

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Congratulations. They are such terrific birds. So sweet and smart. Best of luck to you.

Most Reactions