My baby parrot makes a noice (which assume to be painful) after being fed

siah786

Apr 5, 2010
Good Day guys,

Am a new member from Muscat, Oman.. I've got two baby parrots (green, red necked)... This is the first time i've adopted baby parrots so i have lots and lots to learn.. Any suggestion and tips are highly welcome and appreciated...
I currently feed them cerelac through a syringe.. Before being fed they make such beautiful exciting noises.. But immediately after being fed one of them sits down and makes a dull noise which assumes is painful.. But once he's hungry he's all excited and ready to eat... Why does it make this noise any explanations please..... or suggestions if its painful.....

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Ilyas

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
I wish I had some help for you...but I've never hand-fed a baby. I hope it's his "I'm sooooooo full" sound. I'll see if I can find something out from our breeder.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Can you explain what this sounds like? Is it a quiet squeaking?

I have read a bunch on handfeeding, as I thought I wanted to try it. So, maybe I could try to help you.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good Day guys,

Am a new member from Muscat, Oman.. I've got two baby parrots (green, red necked)... This is the first time i've adopted baby parrots so i have lots and lots to learn.. Any suggestion and tips are highly welcome and appreciated...
I currently feed them cerelac through a syringe.. Before being fed they make such beautiful exciting noises.. But immediately after being fed one of them sits down and makes a dull noise which assumes is painful.. But once he's hungry he's all excited and ready to eat... Why does it make this noise any explanations please..... or suggestions if its painful.....

Thanks and Regards,

Syed Ilyas

I handreared my AG Mishka. Straight after feeding her, she made some real weird sounds as well. Spoke the the breeder, said perhaps I was over feeding her. Cut the feed down, from 20ml to 15ml.
Had no problem thereafter.
Hope this is of some assistance.
Good luck

Most Reactions