My BIG chicken.....(long clip)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Today I wanted Niko to play like my second favorite Macaw "Salsa". So I first put a plastic cup on the bottom of the cage, and he had a ball with it. Nice and quiet, too. ;)

I then added a stainless bowl with some walnuts.

Oh brother - my usually fearless Niko turned into a chicken, lol. :54:

Here is his reaction:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hish77hW5bY&feature=youtu.be]Nikolai doe NOT like the bowl on the bottom of his cage - YouTube[/ame]

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
LOL.. I love it:) There was something about those walnuts in that bowl, he was not quite sure about :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
LOL.. I love it:) There was something about those walnuts in that bowl, he was not quite sure about :)

Yes, and that's the part that still puzzles me. He LOVES walnuts and gets each and every one out of his foraging toys, sometimes just to play with them. So I figured adding them to the bowl will definitely entice him to bang it around right? Nope, not today, not yet anyway. :(

Strange guy that Niko!

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I thought for sure he'd muster up enough courage to at least grab a walnut while he was down there. I bet he'll do it fairly soon, though. And then soon thereafter I think Niko's banging and clanging will most certainly commence ;)

Here, Zaf is the major chicken about new things (I often call him my "blue chicken" in fact). But he's also the most aggressive banger/clanger/hurler in the house when it comes to the items he has vetted and determined to be harmless!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I thought for sure he'd muster up enough courage to at least grab a walnut while he was down there. I bet he'll do it fairly soon, though. And then soon thereafter I think Niko's banging and clanging will most certainly commence ;)

Here, Zaf is the major chicken about new things (I often call him my "blue chicken" in fact). But he's also the most aggressive banger/clanger/hurler in the house when it comes to the items he has vetted and determined to be harmless!

LOL plax.

When Niko's on my kitchen counter he throws everything from his food bowls to big stainless salad bowls like frisbees, watches as he sends them flying, almost with an evil twinkle in his eye. :D

He STILL hasn't gotten the courage to clunk that bowl around in his cage....but I will leave it in there.

Perhaps one day I will dread my experiment when he finally realizes how much noise he can make with it ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts