My bird laid an egg Thursday, and then....

bridget503

Oct 7, 2011
Media
LaGrange, Il
Parrots
Baby Blue Budgie, Indy, Tic Tac, Freeway, Misty, Nipper, Kiwi, Evan, Sidney, 4 new ones not yet named, RIP Elbee, the lovebird
And she passed away today. She went very fast, and we couldn't get to the emergency avian vet in time. She's been laying eggs on and off for a year, and two of them hatched, so we have 2 beautiful babies(well, they're 4 months old now, not really babies any more), but she has been laying more eggs and ignoring them, dropping on the floor, etc. The babies were playing soccer with one of them. So she laid one yesterday. I can't really afford an incubator, but would like to try to hatch it. Is this possible? I am keeping it very warm.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I'm so sorry that happened :(

I know some people make home made incubators, you may have to turn the eggs several times a day until it reaches a certain age. I bet there is a web site somewhere with a good one.

Last edited:

LoveMyParrots

Dec 29, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Ozzie - alexandrine parakeet
I'm so sorry it happened!! :( Fly free

There is people who makes their own incubators and the egg(s) hatched, so you can look around on websites. Good luck

lovemybirds

Apr 9, 2013
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
11 wonderful Cockatiels... Miss Birdy, Romeo, Pumpkin, Mini, Micky, Bubbles, Billie jean, Spike, Jordi, Zac & Tinka
Oh Bridget, I'm sad for your loss... I hope you can manage to help that egg. It will be so special for you...

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
I'm sorry for your loss. You can make an incubator but also have to have the time to nurture the little one. Look around the 'net! I wish you luck.

Most Reactions