My birds don't seem to be adjusting to the move to well

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
So after loosing my dogs I moved in with my mom and I of course brought my birds with me. However since the move Halloween had pretty much reverted to the way she was when I first got her and it is almost impossible to get my bird out of the cage it is really frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions to get them to move forward instead of backwards?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
How you loose your dogs? It takes time for them to re-adjust! You just need to be a bit patient. How long since you moved?

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Long story short I was given the choice of either taking my dogs to the pound or my dad was going to open the door and let them out into the street well I got home as soon as I could from work and tried to find other arrangements for them with no luck so I was forced to take them to the pound which was the worse thing I've ever had to do those dogs were my babies. It's been about two weeks since the move. I know it takes time for them to re-adjust but she just seems worse than she was when I first got her. They both are suddenly noisy which was never the case before. Although I will admit they typically are just noisy when they want to go to bed and the light is still on.

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
Long story short I was given the choice of either taking my dogs to the pound or my dad was going to open the door and let them out into the street well I got home as soon as I could from work and tried to find other arrangements for them with no luck so I was forced to take them to the pound which was the worse thing I've ever had to do those dogs were my babies. It's been about two weeks since the move. I know it takes time for them to re-adjust but she just seems worse than she was when I first got her. They both are suddenly noisy which was never the case before. Although I will admit they typically are just noisy when they want to go to bed and the light is still on.

I thought your dad let them out? :confused:

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
no he was going to i just didnt get back on after i took them to the dog pound and when i did i didnt want to talk about it because i couldnt even mention them without crying and ant deleated it and i didnt read most of the replies but she said they were nasty

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
For your birds I would give them time to adjust. Maybe they are feeling your anxiety or stress because of what happened with your dogs? That is a hard thing to go through, I'm really sorry for you.

Just give your birds time and patience and lots of treats ;) . I am sure they will come around eventually once they have settled in. :)

OP
Colorguarder08

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Maybe... I really have been feeling like I'm here but I'm not. kinda like adam sandler in the movie click.

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
I agree with Beilana! The posts on your other thread were nasty because people didn't understand what had happened. They thought your dad had just let them outside in the yard or something.

Most Reactions