My budgie flew away :( What should i do with her friend?

kistos

May 11, 2012
Greece, Thessaloniki
Parrots
Two budgies (Creme and Lettuce)
I am really sad because one of my two budgies flew away as i was cleaning their home :( ... What do you suggest me to do with her friend, now that he is lonely? Should i purchase another female budgie to keep him company or leave it alone?

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Sorry your budgie got loose. I would try to find her rather than "replacing" her right away. Try sticking a cage outside with the door open and some millet inside.

OP
kistos

kistos

May 11, 2012
Greece, Thessaloniki
Parrots
Unfortunately i live on the third floor and i saw her going up the road. I went down the neighbourhood and searched for a while, but i couldn't found her... :( :( :(

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Don't give up, there is a member on here that lost her African grey in April and just got him back a week or two ago.
There are so many options, post fliers, make ads on Craigslist, get your friends to help. I'm sure she is waiting for you somewhere.

OP
kistos

kistos

May 11, 2012
Greece, Thessaloniki
Parrots
I couldn't stand seeing Lettuce all alone so i bring him a new friend. I named her Creme. I will post an image later! :)

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I'm glad you are still caring for your male during your hard time but you really should look for your other budgie. I'm sure she is waiting for you to rescue her, she is probably lonely and scared so you really need to try and find her. I know it's tough but it's something that needs to be done.
Good luck.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I agree-I think you should look for her. I found my bird month afterwards; don't give up!

Autumn

Oct 21, 2010
Media
California
Parrots
PePe; Dusky Conure
;'(
I wood say once it out there it's free will probably won't bring her back home, I wood buy another budgie to keep the one company

Alisana

May 31, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yuki - Snow white budgie; Luna - Blue budgie; Pocket - Hahn's Macaw
Post and ask around. Rescue shelters for cats and dogs sometimes pick up birds!

It is worth it. As cdog said, your little girl is feeling lonely and scared. Domestic budgies don't have any idea of how to look after themselves in the wild - so you need to look and see if you can save her from that fate.

Don't give up hope! There have been lots of suggestions on here as well as success stories!

Mikel

May 18, 2012
Sorry to hear about your budgie. You could get another but they might not bond as quickly or as closely as the other one did, but still keep each other company. Or you could keep just the one if you are able to spend alot of time with him. Budgies are pretty awesome birds alone or in pairs.

Last edited by a moderator:

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
The OP already got another budgie as stated in a previous post.

P.Y

Jul 11, 2012
Guangzhou, China
Parrots
cocketial and alexanderin and the coming Derbyan parakeet
Sorry your budgie got loose. I would try to find her rather than "replacing" her right away. Try sticking a cage outside with the door open and some millet inside.

correct, but the best way to get him back is, stick a cage outside with door closed and the left one budgie inside the cage the sound made by the left one will lead him home, it's a workable way, a lot of owners get their lost bird back, especially the birds raised in pair.

Most Reactions