My conure doesn’t like the word no lol

itslizze91

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
green cheeked conure
My one year, old, pineapple, green cheek, Conure doesn’t like the word no when he/ she is out of the cage he/she likes computer mouse, he likes to chew it, and I tell him/sher no, and he continues to do it any tips or tricks? and he/she can be veryy very aggressive when he doesnt get his way! im saying he/she bc i have no clue what the sex is lol leo might be a female after all

Last edited:

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
When you say no does it get agressive or it just doesn't understand the word? Unclear on that.... What I do is tell my birds i'll kick thier butt. The don't know what it means and they don't have a butt, but i say it in a way they get it.

It's all about tone.

OP
itslizze91

itslizze91

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
green cheeked conure
When you say no does it get agressive or it just doesn't understand the word? Unclear on that.... What I do is tell my birds i'll kick thier butt. The don't know what it means and they don't have a butt, but i say it in a way they get it.

It's all about tone.
im starting to think he or she is just getting very agerssive in general

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Whose parrot likes the word NO??? THey are like kids, saying No only makes them worse.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Mine doesn't like the word no either :ROFLMAO: She gets really angry and starts tapping her beak on things.

Redirection is useful, find something more exciting than the mouse and get them to play with that instead. After a while they should realise what no means and will hopefully listen when you say it. Mine have broken my mouse twice by playing with it so they're not allowed anymore but they've decided they want the keyboard instead now. I try and engage them with something else or I end up trying to get two biting conures to leave something alone that they think is theirs and it's not a battle I'm going to win :ROFLMAO:

OP
itslizze91

itslizze91

Aug 15, 2023
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Mine doesn't like the word no either :ROFLMAO: She gets really angry and starts tapping her beak on things.

Redirection is useful, find something more exciting than the mouse and get them to play with that instead. After a while they should realise what no means and will hopefully listen when you say it. Mine have broken my mouse twice by playing with it so they're not allowed anymore but they've decided they want the keyboard instead now. I try and engage them with something else or I end up trying to get two biting conures to leave something alone that they think is theirs and it's not a battle I'm going to win :ROFLMAO:
I usually say no, that’s not yours that’s mine in a stern voice 😂this is my first ever bird so I’m still learning a lot of new things!! I find out something new everyday!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
IMG_0478.jpeg

I surround my computer mouse with toys so he isn’t as tempted! I also have a cord protector on it so if he does do a chomp he doesn’t hurt himself.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
They know exactly what NO means that's why they don't like the word... 🤣
I say no in a stern voice and remove him from the situation and put him away . Next time they'll think twice before doing it. It works cos my bird never jumps onto my dinner plate anymore

Last edited:

BruisedViolets

Nov 8, 2023
Parrots
Sun conure
They know exactly what NO means that's why they don't like the word... 🤣
I say no in a stern voice and remove him from the situation and put him away . Next time they'll think twice before doing it. It works cos my bird never jumps onto my dinner plate anymore
I’m a new bird mom to a 5.5 yo sun conure. He thinks my food is fair game. He now sits on his cage at dinner time. Little pooper thinks it’s his bowl of food and helps himself. Admittedly, I’m a sucker and have given in a few times.

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
I’m a new bird mom to a 5.5 yo sun conure. He thinks my food is fair game. He now sits on his cage at dinner time. Little pooper thinks it’s his bowl of food and helps himself. Admittedly, I’m a sucker and have given in a few times.
Hi there, I let my cockatiel forage around my dinner plate as I give it a pinch of my meal. I even sometimes let him pick something from plate but the moment he puts his feet on my plate is the moment I say no and shoo him away. He knows this and he knows it very well

Most Reactions

Latest posts