My favourite photo of my original babies

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
297761_102102416562757_6559732_n.jpg

This is still my fav photo of my three original Cockatiels. Dipsey, Stusy and Charlie in that order lol. Was taken outside the families holiday home which is now sold. They were sitting there like good babies. Was back when parents had wings clipped i think (something that over time I no longer agreed with and bad clip job put us off big time) but won't get into all that stuff. I still loved this photo though as was just cute with them all sitting outside on the rock. (Think had a few variations of it that I can't find)
Hahha my parents got pulled over by cop on that trip for some other reason and then he saw the birds and was interested. (Think he let mum and dad off because of them maybe.)
basically stopped having as many holidays over time cuse of amount birds I had and lack trust I had to let just anybody watch them. Like Frodo I sure as hell wasn't going to leave with anybody. I mean I don't have desires to go places really.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
297761_102102416562757_6559732_n.jpg

This is still my fav photo of my three original Cockatiels. Dipsey, Stusy and Charlie in that order lol. Was taken outside the families holiday home which is now sold. They were sitting there like good babies. Was back when parents had wings clipped i think (something that over time I no longer agreed with and bad clip job put us off big time) but won't get into all that stuff. I still loved this photo though as was just cute with them all sitting outside on the rock. (Think had a few variations of it that I can't find)
Hahha my parents got pulled over by cop on that trip for some other reason and then he saw the birds and was interested. (Think he let mum and dad off because of them maybe.)
basically stopped having as many holidays over time cuse of amount birds I had and lack trust I had to let just anybody watch them. Like Frodo I sure as hell wasn't going to leave with anybody. I mean I don't have desires to go places really.
That's such a nice picture!

I feel you on the holidays. When I had less birds I took them with me but now I have 8 it's kind of impossible, and expensive to board them all too. My parents feed them if I do go now, but they can't come out of the cage (my mum has tried before but they play up for her and won't go back in properly and one of my budgies decided to sleep with the conures for the night since she's obsessed with them). I took just four the last time and left the budgies but I feel bad leaving them behind as I know they enjoy holidays too

OP
TenthDoctor34

TenthDoctor34

Mar 13, 2022
New Zealand
Parrots
Dipsey and Charlie the cockatiels
That's such a nice picture!

I feel you on the holidays. When I had less birds I took them with me but now I have 8 it's kind of impossible, and expensive to board them all too. My parents feed them if I do go now, but they can't come out of the cage (my mum has tried before but they play up for her and won't go back in properly and one of my budgies decided to sleep with the conures for the night since she's obsessed with them). I took just four the last time and left the budgies but I feel bad leaving them behind as I know they enjoy holidays too
My parents complained when I refused to go anywhere because Frodo (Now gone D : and my cockatiels. But like I am happy staying with them and knowing they are safe, Only one tiel now but probably still wont go places. I also plan to get more when have own place or if can convince parents as adult to let me have more when my own money and care etc and birds not really effect their lives too much.
But yeah I never trusted anybody to watch them, Frodo probably wouldn't have behaved for anybody and he was a disabled and special boy so yeah.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts