My FFMs (Furry Family Members)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Besides being owned by my 3 parrots, I also have 2 dogs, whom I'd like to introduce.

Oscar, our 3 year old American Bulldog, and Ziva, the almost 2 year old AmBull Pit Mix.

Oscar is as laid back as they come. I mean LAID BACK. If he was any more so you'd think he'd be taxidermied :eek:

Ziva, on the other hand, is a handful (or more). She knows 2 speeds only. Don't move or move at full speed. Oh, and yes, I forgot to mention that she has a speed called "superspeed". Kind of funny, but when I take them to the field, and she's running, sometimes it appears as if someone whopped her butt because she tucks her legs under and ZOOOOM there she goes into warp mode. :11:

Ok, here are some pictures.

A rare moment, trust me. :rolleyes:
FacebookCover.jpg

Ziva giving me one of her daily facials (completely free of charge)
IMG_5424.jpg

Ziva
IMG_5409.jpg

Warp Speeding
IMG_5296.jpg

Play time
IMG_5317.jpg

And the Oscar boy
IMG_5342.jpg

IMG_53644.jpg

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
How do they get along with your bird(s)? I have 3 chihuahuas.....who didn't really care one way or the other about Georgie. I am curious how they will respond to my new BC conure when i bring him home. I had a chihuahua who loved Georgie, and they actually used to play with the tennis ball on the floor together. (i should have had a video of that), but when she went through her nippy phase and gave Pablo a good nip, that was IT for that. He avoided her. She never did 'get' that! She LOVED the dogs and couldn't figure out why they wouldn't play with her. ha

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Firstly, I am genuinely SO sorry for your loss of Georgie. :( How sad!!

My dogs get along quite well with my birds. Ziva especially makes sure the kitchen floor stays clean at all times :eek: (That's where the birds' playstands are located and most foods get dropped/tossed).

I truly believe she (Ziva) is well aware what will happen to her nose when she gets too close to my Macaw. I ALWAYS supervise, too.

Oscar doesn't even give them a second look, unless Niko (the Macaw) calls him a few times.

And this is how Ziva "interacts" with my newest baby, 4 month old DYH Amazon Sam:
IMG_5975.jpg

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
really cute pics they look like very happy dogs:D

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
that is so cute!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you both aliray and ruffledfeathers. :)

My philosophy with them is: A tired Bulldog is a good Bulldog, lol. But I swear, my tongue hangs out, too, when Ziva finally gets tired.

lokiNotis

Jul 3, 2012
WV
Parrots
Loki-Green Cheek Conure
Otis-blue Quaker Bandit-YNA
Great pictures! I love my pets! We have 4 dogs, 3 birds, 3 lizards and 2 fish tanks. Our dogs are like yours, if the boys drop or throw their food we have 4 dogs who are very happy to pick it up. My dogs don't pay any attention to the birds. Afraid to get them out around them though. Any animal that comes in our yard gets chased or ate. I'm definitely not gonna risk it. Glad yours get along so well!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you lokiNotis. What type of dogs do you have? And what kind of lizards? (I had a Leopard Gecko once...whom I still miss)

Believe me, I wouldn't trust my dogs alone with the birds if they were out. Ziva is SO determined to pick up each and every morsel they drop, that she sometimes seems totally unafraid to walk right up to my Macaw's playtree, while he's hanging upside down trying to get to her. He could really hurt her and do some damage to her nose, but I'm sure she would not just yelp and run. :eek: And I'm not in the mood - ever - to have something bad happen that could have been prevented.

Oh, and Ziva has climbed half way up a tree trying to get to a squirrel in our yard. I won't mention her obsession with chipmonks. :rolleyes:

Most Reactions