My girls! *pictures*

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Just thought I would share some pictures of my CAGS. They are both 10 years old (clutch mates/sisters.)
For those that know the story, Gracie is a horrible plucker! She will clip her feathers right off in stressful/new situations. However right now some of hers are growing back :) She actually has some gray feathers on her back and wings instead of just down..

anyways, pictures! It was odd tongiht, Lucy was being sweet and wanted head scratches and Gracie was hiding in her cage. Usually its the other way around.

2graice.jpg

1gracie.jpg

featers.jpg

That was Gracie. This is Princess Lucy

1luc.jpg

1lucy.jpg

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Beautiful girls ! Gracie looks like she is enjoying having her pictures taken :)
She has such a cute expression on her face , lolol.
Princess Lucy looks like she is saying "Dont hate me because I'm beautiful" look
on her face in her pictures , lololol.
Thanks for sharing , they are such cute girls :)

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Aw thats so sad, but they are both beautiful.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
What a cute pair of sisters!!!! Do they have their moments not getting along at times?

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Cdog, she looks better than when I got her :) she makes the most adorable pouty eyes.

Mikey, I don't really let them get too close to each other. I think they like the company, but they seem a bit disinterested. However if one of them was to try and get on the others cages, it'd be a fight! They are cage territorial

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I'm sure you are giving her a much better life than what she had before you. I have a soft spot for pluckers.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Your girls are absolutely beautiful!!!! How long have you had them? They are lucky to have such a good home!!

thebirdnerd

Dec 28, 2010
Parrots
Whitefaced Pied Male Tiel- official greeter at the Rainbow Bridge, forever in our hearts,
Turquoise Mutation IRN,
Congo African Grey- please come home to us,
Blue mutation IRN
Your greys are beautiful, yes even the plucker! I have a soft spot for pluckers myself..My grey doesn't actually pluck, but will chew them. Actually, thats how I came to acquire her. I was contemplating getting a grey again and when I was looking at some in the store she kept flapping her little chewed wings every time I passed her... She stepped up with no problem and said hello in a quiet voice. I was sold..She has an amazing, sweet personality...Anyone who is thinking of adopting a bird should give pluckers a chance.

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Mozzie, I have had them since February. They've settled in but still get a little nervous. They love harassing my dogs, they'll climb all the way down to try to bite their noses if they get too close.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Oh what a rare site to see Gracie with feathers. She looks so much better. Hope she decides to let the tail feathers grow. Lucy's photo is awesome. You have done wonders with the lady birds.

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
I wish she'd let her tail feathers grow! :( I want to bring them outside but i am sooo afraid of Gracie plucking from the stress of a simple room change. I am going to try to carry her outside for a few minutes a day so its not a big shock. Its not like she's going to fly away LoL. Eventually I need to re-paint my living room and they will be evicted for a day onto my shaded outside deck!

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
I'll bet eventually she will let her tail feathers grow back. You are doing wonders with her. Change is so hard for Cag's. It makes it difficult at times. But they are so incredible. Sometimes I think they are just a little too intelligent for their own good. Oh and I know what you mean about harassing dogs. Peppers yells at my dogs all the time LoL. She tricks them too. She will call their names, and then when they come she yells at them to stop barking! I am sure they are thinking "but we weren't even barking this time!".

Last edited:

Most Reactions