My gorgeous girl, please make it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Pet insurance or care credit....I have care credit....has saved me many times.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
Pet insurance hasn't been a massive thing in Australia until recently, so no she isn't insured :(

I just had a look and I can't find anyone in Australia that insures parrots. Just cats dogs and horses.

Last edited:

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
What about care credit...they are world wide...what about another credit card...sorry if I sound aggressive but there is no excuse for not providing pet care if you own a pet....am I wrong? I go without..I own 16 animals...I just want your little girl to make it....that's all...no harm no foul..no judging.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
What about care credit...they are world wide...what about another credit card...sorry if I sound aggressive but there is no excuse for not providing pet care if you own a pet....am I wrong? I go without..I own 16 animals...I just want your little girl to make it....that's all...no harm no foul..no judging.

I've got a credit card though. That's how I'm paying for this? Trust me she's getting MAJOR care.

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Parrots
Awesome news..like I said I'm not judging just a lot of people, believe it or not don't know about care credit. If I can help let me know.

Printer bird

Jan 4, 2011
Calgary, AB
Parrots
Dipper, 8 year old WC Pionus
RIP Charlie, Green Cheek Conure,
Lelu, parrotlet and
Poe the budgie.
Sending positive thoughts to you and Tequila! This is so hard to go through, shes so lucky to have you fighting for her. I know you'll make the right decisions for her care.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
Went to the vet for an update and to give her a big cuddle. He thinks it is fabric in her stomach. He'll know for sure tomorrow. He also thinks she had metal toxicity.
She has improved and looks alot brighter. She has more grip in her legs but not 100%.
Ill know more tomorrow. Its pretty much a waiting game atm.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Have you identified the culprits in terms of the metal toxicity and the fabric she has taken a liking to? Awaiting further updates.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
Not the metal toxicity no. He isnt sure about it, and I cant think of anything. I watch her like a hawk.
The material yes. Tequila has been getting over bumblefoot and she needed vet bandages on her sticks. Shes been ripping it off and we think shes digested it. Ill know more tomorrow .

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Sounds good that she is responding to treatment and regaining her grip...your vet sounds like he knows what he is doing your baby is in good hands...please God the news will keep getting better and better and it wont be long before Tequila is home and back to her old self again

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
So good to hear that the veterinarian seems to have an idea about what is going on with Tequila. And also that she seems to be responding to the treatment.

Very much looking forward to the next update.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

coopedup

Apr 8, 2016
CA
Parrots
7y/o eclectus Wrangler
Finally some good news on here! While not ideal, at least there is progress. Keeping all the birds and Parronts in my thoughts, I know I will be there one day too.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
Her vet is amazing. I won't let anybody else look at her. I'm just waiting now for a phone call to get an update. Thank you everyone for the support. It means alot to me at the moment. I've had a knotted stomach from stress since she's been at the vet.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm hoping the very best outcome for your treasured Tequila. Veterinary care is as much an art as science. Having a trusted and competent doctor is invaluable.

Many of us have been in your position and well know the angst you are experiencing. Please continue to keep us posted as you and Tequila are in our thoughts.

OP
jess.reco

jess.reco

Sep 16, 2014
Downunder - Australia
Parrots
Tequila - Solomon Island
I'm hoping the very best outcome for your treasured Tequila. Veterinary care is as much an art as science. Having a trusted and competent doctor is invaluable.

Many of us have been in your position and well know the angst you are experiencing. Please continue to keep us posted as you and Tequila are in our thoughts.

Thanks so much. It really is one of the worst feelings in the world. We are very bonded and I don't think I'd find another Eccy like her. All the vet nurses adore her and have told me they haven't met such a nice female Eccy before.

I seriously could cry with joy at the moment. She will be fine. She's had metal toxicity and they will keep her there for the next couple of days until she's 100%. Her kidneys are just still a little swollen. She can pass poo fine so her stomach doesn't need to be operated on. They also kept the bill very low. I am so so so happy at the moment. I'm a little teary!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts