My Gracie is dying

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
My beautiful 13 year old lab has kidney failure and the doc says this is her last weekend. I am so grateful for the time I had with her she welcomed Timeh into the house without question. Timneh calls her by name and tells her to come here complete with whistle and kiss'. I'm so sad hoping to make this a good last weeekend with her but the fluids and shot isn't helping her and she doesn't want to drink or eat. I couldn't let her go yesterday and I fear I may have made a selfish decision. But I love her so much, I needed more time to say good bye. Timneh snuggled with me yesterday before our vet appointment, instead of darting for the fridge for a treat she pushed her head under my chin and snuggled for awhile much needed love. Thanks for listening you guys are always so kind and helpful.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a much loved companion feels like someone took a melon baller to your soul and scooped it out piece by piece. In your grief, make sure you find some kind of support. :smile024::smile024::smile024:

mh434

Oct 28, 2014
BC, Canada
Parrots
Yellow-naped Amazon "Sammy"
Love birds (4)
Green-cheeked Conure "Skittles" - now, sadly gone from my life
Blue-Crowned Conure "Tequila"
African Grey "Reno" - sadly, now gone from my life
You have my sympathy, Billdore. It's so very difficult losing a wonderful, loved pet, and the memories will always be poignant. We lost our girl (dog) Echo a year and a half ago, and I still turn around sometimes, expecting her to be there.

When things are really quiet in our house, our CAG Reno will sometimes say "Where's Echo? I can't find Echo!", and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

There's a saying - you're never truly gone until your name has been spoken for the last time. Keep Gracie in your heart, remember the love and good times, speak her name often, and she will never be truly gone.

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Thank you everyone for helping me through this rough week. Gracie is in a better place now. The love and understanding from everyone here is amazing and so helpful in healing the soul. I can't thank everyone enough. Timneh has been doing her best to cheer me up a non stop chatter box. She even finally spoke to my Mom who was also very sad and very happy to finally hear Timneh chat it up. Gave her a couple extra nutri berries for being so awesome and understanding. Going to focus on training Timneh this summer with her harness, and skateboard. Although our current deck is a little too small and we need to upgrade our skateboard. I just ordered a care package from amazon for Timneh and my 11 year old puggle Bella who's also been amazing through this time. I now have someone waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge, I can't let her down.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
So sorry to hear of Gracie passing Billdore..:02: Yes, she IS in a better place now,but be happy for her not suffering anymore,and of the many wonderful years you had with her..I know it hurts,and will hurt for a long time to come.
This forum is FULL of amazing,caring,loving,wonderful people and animals..I know without them I'd be lost,and they have helped immensely when my Smokey passed on.

Hey!!??? Maybe Smokey is riding around on Gracies back??? I wouldn't put it past that silly girl! :D ;)

Jim

Inger

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
So sorry. My heart is with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

janquito

Aug 10, 2016
Wisconsin
Parrots
Two green cheek conures, one sun conure, and two quakers.
I'm so very sorry about the loss of Gracie. It's always so hard losing those near and dear to us. I had to put our little lady (Yorkie-poo) down 6 yrs ago. I miss her terribly still. (((hugs))) πŸ’œ

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for your loss of Gracie. She knew your endless love and compassion. Allowing her to pass peacefully in her home was a beautiful gift.

I am sure Timneh and Bella will be an inspiration while you grieve Gracie's loss.

Most Reactions