Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I'm battling a cold the past couple of days, and today before work I was blowing my nose a lot. River was watching and listening, looking fascinated by the whole thing. Next thing I hear is him mimicing nose blowing sounds! LOL! Such a werido!

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
I think its funny what they choose to copy from us. We could spend hours trying to get them to say a word or learn a trick and they decide they are going to copy "nose blowing", a swear word, a sneeze, a dog etc. Cheeky little fluffbutts - we wouldnt - or couldnt - be with out them

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
I think its funny what they choose to copy from us. We could spend hours trying to get them to say a word or learn a trick and they decide they are going to copy "nose blowing", a swear word, a sneeze, a dog etc. Cheeky little fluffbutts - we wouldnt - or couldnt - be with out them

lol @ "fluffbutts"

Steph2717

Jul 28, 2011
Florida
Parrots
Jardine's Parrot Abby
CAG Nemo
Why is it my Abby won't learn "Hola Chiquita!" that I say to her all of the time but I have her on my shoulder in the bathroom and she makes a farting sound... jeez... scared me half to death for one thing!... At least no one swears around here LOL!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Oh I would just die if one of my guys made a farting noise! My two conures mock me when I cough or sneeze. I say mock because it sounds like they're doing a rude impersenation of me! I've been dealing with allergies so there's been plenty of coughing for them to mock. No nose blowing though. I guess come the first cold of the season I'll see who learns that sound first lol

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
Quack mimics my sneezes :D

Most Reactions