My Holy Grale of Rosella FINALLY!!!

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
Hi guys and gals.
I just cant contain my excitement after 19months searching for the elusive Northern Rosella I have found a unrelated pair "YIPPIE"!!!and they r mine I put a deposit on them just to be sure I had them in my hot little hand.
They were at a good price as well $1300 bucks for the pair and the female is just about to go down on the nest ,they breed in the colder months here is Australia unlike the other Rosella species who breed in the hotter months.
I have prepared the cage with a l shape nesting box and crammed it with peat moss and saw dusk shavings ... and scattered different clumps of various grasses.
Some people think they r plain compared to the crimson and Eastern mutations. But these bird have there own mutations. witch is all part of the challenge.
They have 4 KNOWN colour mutations and no combinations of Mutations r know I think they r very fascinating.:green2:
Cheers

Last edited:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Oh WOW!!! Congratulations on acquiring your Northern Rosellas! I've never seen one in the flesh, but they are a most beautiful bird and quite different from all the other Rosellas. You realise, don't you, that you'll need to be supplying us with many, numerous pictures? Will you be attempting to tame any of the offspring at all? Just imagine having a Northern Rosella perched on your shoulder! WOW!!! :)

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Cant wait for pictures :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Ooh the Northern's are gorgeous. Congratulations on your pair. Never seen one in person here in the US though, as none of the Rosellas are common here, and if you see one it's usually an Eastern.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Congratulations! That is so exciting! I also want to see pictures:)

OP
Caesar

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
I will supply pic when I go pick them up.
I have put a deposit on them so THERE MINE..YIPPIE!!!
cahttps://www.google.com.au/search?q=northern+Rosella+pics&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=fTseU-vXH8KgkAXQ4YDADQ&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=741nt wait I haven't been able to sleep..Ahahah like a little kid xmas eve..hahaha this is a good site for those who rnt to sure on what they look like.

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
When do you get to go pick them up? I know you are counting the hours:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts