My Iguana - Forest

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I feel so guilty towards my family cause I havent shared them yet!

They are my children in every sense. I am so crazy I bought a bigger home and traded in the Land Rover for a Hyundai H1 bus for our long family trips!

I cant choose between the photos so I will have to split the threads.

First up is Forest, he is only 2 years and 7 months and stuck in breeding season.:( Iguanas grow until the age of 5-6 and then very slowly so you can imagine how big he is still going to get! He's got his own room that my husband painted, a tunnel leading to his outside garden and a flap in his door so he can move freely in our house when he wants. I grow all his food in my herb garden and my ringneck, Sterretjie loves coming with to pick it each morning.

Here he is at 5 days when I brought him home:
26des07.jpg

Sleeping with mommy June 2009
20090608_22-2.jpg

He is 'tame' enough to roam free in our garden, this April 2010:
20100428_9-1.jpg

Watching tv in my room:
20100102_432.jpg

Loving his Petunias:
20091217_31.jpg

Just being beautiful:
20100609_9.jpg

20100517_140.jpg

OP
wildheart

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
His room took a month to paint and another for his tunnel and outdoor garden:
IMG_4348-1.jpg

IMG_4352-2.jpg

IMG_4354-2.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

IMG_4355-2.jpg

We've cut the door and replaced it with plexiglass, this photo is before the flap was added:
20090504_20-3.jpg

After putting everything inside, it is like a true rain forest and he blends in perfectly. We sometimes battle to see him!
1f.jpg

Image47.jpg

His garden after I just planted everything, it is now nicely grown. You can see the tunnel on the other side that leads to his room.
20091217_37.jpg

Sorry for so many photos, but I am sure you understand.:p

Last edited:

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Wow, I want to be one of your family!

I love iguanas. Forest is a very handsome boy.

Ariana0902

Jul 20, 2010
Michigan
Parrots
One Green Cheeked Conure.
I agree, Forest is a very handsome boy. He is rather lucky to have that wonderful room as well!

wuvzbirdies

May 5, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Russell Peters (R.I.P. my baby)
Wildheart, you're an amazing woman! You are the epitome of the term "animal lover". I envy you, keep up the good work!

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
Nobody here knows, but I'm also a reptile fan along with birds. They're just so beautiful, aren't they? And boy, that sure is true for Forest. He's very handsome.

I also love his setup! You painted his room beautifully.

KaraLeann92

Jul 20, 2010
Parrots
Daiquiri-Peachface Lovebird
:) wow...what you've done for your iguana is amazing.
I wish i could do that for mine, but we live in an apartment :/
You're right though, reptiles are beautiful.
I get made fun of because i'm a girl who will pick up a snake and call it beautiful, but if i see a spider i run and scream my head off :D

GreenCheek

Aug 27, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Parrots
1 Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure: Cody <3
Oh wow, that's AMAZING! :) I think you definitely deserve the title of #1 animal lover! :D Such dedication! He's gotta be one, happy boy! :)

And I've always been the strange girl that loves reptiles too. :rolleyes: No body seems to understand the beauty that I see in these creatures. Although I also think the Scorpions and Tarantulas at the pet store are just too neat and wish to own those someday too. :p And the funny thing is, I'm afraid of spiders, but tarantulas don't seem to bother me. Strange... :confused:

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Wow I'm thinking that little guy has it better than a lot of people I know, including me.....lol, its a shame due to a few irresposible pet owners that iguanas are a very sore subject around here, they have over run a small island community not far from me, though they are not the cuddly green iguanas but rather the nasty black spiny tail, just the mear mention of the word iguana sets people off.......

Alien Iguanas Overrun Florida Island

Marnie

May 4, 2010
Williamsport, PA
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parrot;
had
a Senegal &
2 love birds
wow, thats a great setup you have there. he is one lucky guy.

heck with that much room you could do an iguana rescue! there are so many that just get tossed aside when the thrill wears off. its so sad, they are not disposable but thats exactly what happens to a lot of them.
i used to have one myself, i love reptiles and spiders too.
anyways, you did an awesome job on your reptile room.

Most Reactions

Latest posts