My introduction

LanceNSandy11194

Oct 4, 2020
Adelanto Ca
Parrots
Military Macaw
Hi I liked to thank everyone for accepting me as a new member i a, a 48 m who is Married and have six kids. we Just got our first Macaw she is called Emerald and she is 15 yrs old and am trying to learn as much as I can about these beautiful birds. She has been a real challenge cause she has the tendency of attacking. For no reason at all she will lunge at my kids and actually bite them. woman who sold me her told me she don’t like women but is ok with men and kids but finding out that not to be true.She is fine with me has only really bit me twice

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi! You have a whole bunch of reading to do. GO to our Macaw subforum and read all the posts at the top of the page, and any thing by birdman666 our resident macaw expert.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
welcome glad you joined.
Congratulations on your macaw. Hopefully our macaw people can offer tips. As well as the rest of tge gang as larrots share many traits.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
welcome! have you had other parrots? You have 7 kids now lol! no joke

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and Emerald! Macaws use their beaks for all sorts of reasons including bluffing and biting. Please read this thread for a greater understanding of these magnificent parrots!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome. I love your open-mindedness and enthusiasm!

9lhIlM0.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts