My Kakariki's leg is probably broken.

Bachana

Sep 22, 2017
Hello guys,

I would like to hear some good advice regards my issue. yesterday I tried to put a ring on my Kakariki chick, which is 11 days old. I wanted to put it earlier but couldn't manage because of some reasons. Unfortunately it wasn't possible because its foot was too big, but I still tried, and without any success.:confused:
Today I checked and chick couldn't move his one leg. it was shaking but wasn't moving. Second leg was normally functioning but chick was struggling to maintain the balance. So I am not sure if I damaged his leg or not :( Is it temporary? or what can be a cure of it?

Thanks a lot!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Please take him to the vet right away! in the future NEVER force a band. You need to get that chick in to the vet before the shock of the injury kills him or the leg heals incorrectly causing him a lifetime of pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Good advice would be to take your baby to an avian vet immediately to get that leg looked at, or your baby will likely not make it without being able to move/use his leg. Can't stress enough the importance of getting that baby medical attention.

If you're unwilling to take the baby to a vet, it will likely get worse and then end up in heartbreak for you.

Hope baby gets what it needs.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What kind of advice did you think you were going to get? Take the chicken to an avian vet. Like ASAP.
I hope you have not injured this poor baby beyond help.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Accidents can happen, but we are responsible for the lives entrusted to us. Please take your Kakariki to an avian vet as soon as possible!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
I'm really baffled as to what you think people here would say?

Go to the vet!

OP
B

Bachana

Sep 22, 2017
I'm really baffled as to what you think people here would say?

Go to the vet!

Well, on second day baby got recovered by itself:) so it was just a short term injury. Thats why I asked here a question, maybe someone else had this issue already, but it seems not. Every one said Vet only.

No vet Needed.
Thanks anyways guys for your support :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts