My Macaw died

kendrafitz

Jul 14, 2012
Central NJ
Parrots
Rosie the Green Winged Macaw
Terri - it is not your fault. Rocky loved you and was blossoming with your family. The stories of his daily life are proof of how happy he was. I am so very very sorry for the loss of Rocky. Kudos to you for sharing in the hopes that it may help someone else.

Just know that no matter how much you beat yourself up, one thing will not change. You caring for him changed his life completely and he became the boy he was meant to be. A funny, chatty, crazy smart member of an awesome family and loving mate to Ruby.

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry that Rocky died. I am familiar with the pain, and feelings of guilt that you are experiencing right now, I know how you feel, and I feel terrible for you. Please take care of yourself, and your other little ones during this hard time.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
oh I am so sorry for your loss! Please don't beat yourself up though! The vets should have done more! :( Im so sorry! :(

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
So sorry to hear what happened. What a horrible loss

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Virtual Hugs coming your way. Like others said do not beat yourself up and try to think of something else to get your mind off the shoulda, woulda, could as. You can't change the past. As for the vet, if you haven't talked to him/her about how he and his staff define and address an emergency, think about having that talk because you may have another situation down the road that is an emergency and this could help in improving future ER needs for you and other patients. And if you talk to him/her and he says they are going to change their process asking him for a target date to have it in place. Maybe you can help future patients to get the help they need. What's the worse he could say, no? That's my motto, it never hurts to ask. If you've done that already, there are other routes but not as pleasant. More hugs!!!!!

OP
Pinkbirdy

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Thanks Taw ,good idea

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I am so sorry for you loss. Don't beat yourself up. You did what you could.

Most Reactions

Latest posts