My mom sent me some pictures!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Please excuse the quality. My mom always sends actual photos, so I had to take a picture of a photo on glossy paper:rolleyes:.

Her "lovebirds" (no one make fun of poor Barney please. He has a genetic condition that made him go bald, but he's otherwise in good health and super super sweet)
DSC_5129_zps6d336bf6.jpg

"I chewed a peephole in my covers so I could rise with the sun"
DSC_5127_zpsa0df7247.jpg

Alfie and his newest marble (he will play with them for HOURS)
DSC_5122_zps5945ca9b.jpg

Forgetting something for your trip?
DSC_5121_zpsba149358.jpg

Girly bird
DSC_5119_zpsf712074d.jpg

"These are my eggs and no one shall take them" (my mom says they were hard boiled and still slightly warm, so she may have thought they were fertile)
DSC_5131_zpsd146502e.jpg

And a couple of old school pictures:)

Me and Tiffany circa 2005 (yes, my lizard wore a harness)
DSC_5134_zpsfcffc64a.jpg

Me and Joe Circa 2006
DSC_5135_zpse3151030.jpg

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Very cool pixs

Last edited by a moderator:

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Awesome photos!!! I cracked up at the peephole one LOL typical 'too.. And now I need to get some marbles for chili because I know they'd be a hit!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Awesome photos!!! I cracked up at the peephole one LOL typical 'too.. And now I need to get some marbles for chili because I know they'd be a hit!

Get the big ones if you give Chili marbles (I *think* they're called shooters). I think they could potentially swallow the regular size ones:) Alfie spends much of his day on the floor, scrounging around (I'm pretty sure he thinks he is a wild cockatoo and needs to forage on the ground lol) and he loves having a few marbles on the floor to play with (or peanuts, he plays with them instead of eating them).

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Very cool! Thanks for sharing :D. I always love your pics with commentary. I think Richard was kidding :confused: I thought Joe has a cute smile!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Gorgeous pictures and an equally gorgeous couple:)
Thank you for sharing!!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I'm a big fan of vultures, so I think Barney is adorable!

Poor old Barney looks just like a turkey buzzard:rolleyes: A super cute, brightly colored buzzard that is:D

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hey, April! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pics! Like Julie, I too look forward to your pics and your accompanying captions.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Awesome pics! I think Barney is beautiful! Love the bearded dragon too! My Sassy made a couple "windows" in her cage cover too...she doesn't want to miss anything!

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Please excuse the quality. My mom always sends actual photos, so I had to take a picture of a photo on glossy paper:rolleyes:.

Her "lovebirds" (no one make fun of poor Barney please. He has a genetic condition that made him go bald, but he's otherwise in good health and super super sweet)
"I chewed a peephole in my covers so I could rise with the sun"
Alfie and his newest marble (he will play with them for HOURS)
Forgetting something for your trip?
Girly bird
"These are my eggs and no one shall take them" (my mom says they were hard boiled and still slightly warm, so she may have thought they were fertile)
And a couple of old school pictures:)
Me and Tiffany circa 2005 (yes, my lizard wore a harness)
Me and Joe Circa 2006

Thank You SO MUCH for sharing, LOVED THEM !! Your Mom did a GREAT job of setting those shots up, Very Artsy !!

I Love the shot of you with Tiffany, Very Pretty Picture of You, I thought I was the only person to leash Reptiles LOL

You and Joe look like a GREAT couple!! You Are Blessed

*HUGS*

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thank you for sharing, April!! The photos and captions are great, very well done. Nice to see the faces of the beautiful couple that go with your previous posts. Ty for the cute marble idea, I can't wait to get some for Popeye.

Most Reactions