Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Great to hear an inspiring success story, thanks.

But,
My last couple of posts were asking peoples advice of getting a baby eclectus as a first bird, I didnt get any answers...

Im only guessing that to many of those that read my other threads asking for advice as to whether I was doing the right and not getting any advice back, Im guessing that you all thought I was mad for doing this...

So with the right amount of attention, care and love people can achieve things that might seem impossible to you.
Several of us DID reply, and all the replies were very supportive of you getting an eclectus. I'm a bit offended by what this is saying and I can't understand why you want to play the victim as if everyone was against you and you magically came out successful anyways.

OP
Robyn

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
Hello , I didnt see any of the replies, Im also new to this site. I would never ever try to play the victim here for any reason, this is not my nature at all. So if I have offended , am sorry and this was not intentional at all whatsoever.
I have had a friend request and I dont even know if I have added the person correctly. Im finding this site a little difficult to work out. But I didnt see any replies, the only thing I found when I was asking for advice on whether to buy my bird was an advertisement.
But Im definitely not the sort of person to play victim of any kind.
I was quite angry with one breeder who almost insisted that I dont get an eclectus and this had me very upset and very worried as I was in the middle of purchasing him and I was quite nervous from what this other breeder had said.
Now that I have him, he is the most beautiful little gem with a gorgeous nature who loves me to cuddle him to my chest, I never thought he would allow me to even get this close. He loves water , and loves to lay on my chest and shut his eyes. I have only had him now 2 1/2 days at time of writing and have given all my attention to him to make sure he settles in with no stress , to the point where on his 2nd night here he is now saying hello. My whole family has been totally smitten by him and I just wish this other breeder didnt say what she did. You dont get everything from books , although a lot of that knowledge is extremely helpful. But as I have said previously everybodys birds are very different and its hands on experience that you really learn from too.
Im still stunned that he is now saying hello , he is just 14 weeks old and we can see he is a very happy baby.
Offending anybody has never ever been intentional and Im sorry if it has , to anybody .

Robyn

Last edited:
OP
Robyn

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
Im now looking for another site to join, Im sorry if I have offended. Im finding some of this hard to work out anyway.
Thanks

francine

Sep 16, 2009
I am happy for you! have fun with your bird. I can not wait to have my senegal next year!!

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
I'm glad to see you have found your way around the forums now, and I'm sorry the breeder (or whoever it was) was so discouraging.

I do hope you will stay and if you need any info on how to find your way through the forums or find old posts just let us know.

I ignored this thread for a while as I had not seen anything else from you to know who you were and we occasionally get odd people coming on with the sole purpose of causing drama and/or to get attention through inappropriate means. The best way to deal with such people is to ignore them. I'm glad to see my worries were wrong.

Most Reactions