My new DYHA

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Marley-YSA (hen) -hatched 07/20/2006;
Simba-DYHA (hen)-hatched 06/23/2003
Well, here is my new bird a 10 year old DYHA hen.
View attachment 8053
I was worried sick that she was not eating for the first week I had her. But she started eating now and it looks like she is going to be OK in my house, at least right now it looks this way. I was able to pick both girls at the same time from their stands, one on one hand and the other one on my other hand and take them to their cages for the night.
This girl is a real clown, she sings, talks, plays games. She is a very sweet bird too.
Here is a picture of her singing (it's a bad picture, sorry) but I wanted to show you how her tong is spotted with dark spots.
View attachment 8054
She is a very funny girl.

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
good looking girl, what does she sing?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
She is BEAUTIFUL!!! Many congrats! :)

What's her name??? And we need more pictures, please. I just LOVE those DYH!!! :D

christinereed

Mar 13, 2013
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Emily, dbl yellow Amazon
Emmy's tongue is black on the end. But, we saw a male DYH at the Ann Arbor bird show and his tongue was all light colored.

Glad to hear your new bird is doing well.

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Aww she's beautiful :) thank you for posting :) what are her favorite songs?

OP
torrap

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Aww she's beautiful :) thank you for posting :) what are her favorite songs?

good looking girl, what does she sing?

Thank you!
She is usually yodeling most of the time, that's her choice of songs if not provoked with a radio, CD or me singing. But if I play a CD...oh boy....she just goes on using her own mumble-jumble words and a super operatic voice..... I just start laughing which makes her laugh exactly like me...and that's goes on for a while then..... we both are laughing....
What a little clown she is.

Last edited:
OP
torrap

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
She is stunning! I've always found amazons to be extremely pretty birds. How did you get her?

Thank you,
I am fostering her right now with the plan to adopt her in a few months. I met her in The Gabriel Foundation, the exotic birds rescue and sanctuary where I volunteer. They have so many wonderful birds there available for adoption. I know some people are adopting out of state as well as in Colorado. You can go to their web page to check. They have many nice Amazons.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Wait...you said she is yodeling? Are her previous people from Austria, Switzerland or Germany? :D (NO, I don't yodel....any more :09:)

OP
torrap

torrap

Jun 10, 2013
CO, USA
Parrots
Wait...you said she is yodeling? Are her previous people from Austria, Switzerland or Germany? :D (NO, I don't yodel....any more :09:)

I have no idea...., but I couldn't believe what I was hearing first time she did that a while back. She actualy goes.....

Odl lay ee, odl lay ee, odl lay hee hoooooooooo......
So, I am in the proccess of learning this song from The Sound Of Music so I can catch-up with her and we can sing it together.........LOL

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I have no idea...., but I couldn't believe what I was hearing first time she did that a while back. She actualy goes.....

Odl lay ee, odl lay ee, odl lay hee hoooooooooo......
So, I am in the proccess of learning this song from The Sound Of Music so I can catch-up with her and we can sing it together.........LOL

MUST get that on camera and submit to America's funniest videos!!!! :D You are SO going to win!!!!

Most Reactions