My new Fishtank

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
It's taken almost 2 weeks to finally get it set up.

I still am adding new fish weekly, can't wait to add my shrimp:rolleyes:

I love those guys, lol.

I currently have :
Cardinal & Black Neon Tetras & Guppies **@ Sarahs request :)

Dalmation Molly

Dwarf Gourami, Large "Opaline"Gourami(now that term I can understand, ha ha)
Giant Hydro Gourami

my opaline gourami was hiding and could not get a photo, he is beautiful!...shimmering blue

my tank is a 37 gallon, with one natural plant, (will be adding more but quickly running out of room)

There are plenty of natural sea shells & rocks that I have collected over the years on our travels.my parents would bring back shells from Hawaii, and they too are in the tank, which I love, the more natural looking the better:D

Attachments

• IMG_5262.jpg
    IMG_5262.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_5268.jpg
    IMG_5268.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
awesome great job! its so pretty I love the Gourami s they are my fave freshwater fish so beautiful.

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
Very nice Beth, you have a lot of fish that I like a lot and all very peaceful. I'd be careful adding shells into your aquarium because they can leach calcium (and whatever other chemicals they contain) into your water and in a contained system that can be problematic. You might want to have a look at Rams (small, very peaceful chiclids that are lovely) and Congo Tetras and Emperor Tetras (two of my favorte fish). I LOVE the Dwarfs you have in there, and I adore Cardinal Tetras :) One thing I esp love about tetras is that different species will often school together so that gives a bit of variety. I LOVE guppies lol. It's very pretty. I have had aquariums since I was in grade school lol. Mollies are great choices but they really do require some salt in their water to remain healthy over the long term as they come from more brackish waters but that same salt might not go so well with tetras and cats. I've been more focused on goldfish for the past several years, and I just love Lionheads lol, they have such personality. But goldfish and tropicals, well, they just don't go together. Good luck with the tank, it's beautiful :)

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
thanks for the info on the 'shells'....I've had those shells for over 30 years, and have been in numerous tanks through out the years....I will definitely keep my eyes open for higher calcium levels in my tank when I test it.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
What a SWEEEEET setup, Beth!!!! :D

Here is what I know of natural shells: Yes, they can and will leak calcium, but only until exhausted. They can also raise the alkalinity (if I'm not mistaken), but again, you've had yours for so long, I seriously doubt they will alter your water chemistry in any way.

LOVE your fish!!!!

Best get ready for another tank if you have male and female guppies in there. BAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! :09:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Beautiful tank and fish! I was going to add my 2 cents about the shells, but since you have had them for so long in other tanks it should be ok:) I know one of the major dangers is bits of dead creatures in the shells that didn't come out completely, but it doesn't sound like that will be an issue.
I also have some longfin Serpae tetra that are gorgeous and very docile:) Someting to check out, maybe!

Most Reactions