my other babies... Bubbles & Miss Noodles

Darci

Jun 12, 2014
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Shadow - Six year old Congo African Grey
I am the proud owner of a 5 year old Congo African Grey now, but these two have had my heart for a long time. This is Bubbles (the larger cat, he's 10) and Miss Noodles (she is 5). They came across Canada with me and will be making the trip back at some point. Three cheers for cats who don't give one hoot about a bird in their home! hip hip HOORAY! hip hip HOORAY! hip hip HOORAY!

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
Beautiful! I loved long haired cats but too much upkeep, lol

We have 2 cats. 1 is a hunter but she leaves big birds alone, and 1 is the laziest cat ever. Dude will sleep away the entire day if it weren't for the dang, eating and drinking!

He tries to hunt sometimes, but he's very bad.

He is 7ish I believe and our girl is 10ish. Had the girl since she was little, only the guy for about a year now. Almost a year.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What gorgeous cats! My oldest cat is 18, and made the trip with me when I moved from WVA to Edmonton 16 years ago:) She slept most of the way (we drove). How did your kitties tolerate the journey?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Beautiful kitties! And a CAG, that's a lot of love.

OP
Darci

Darci

Jun 12, 2014
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Shadow - Six year old Congo African Grey
My cats and I flew with the Quaker I had (sadly he passed) but I actually came from Edmonton to Windsor! Love Edmonton, I was there for ten years.

I made the decision to take the Quincy into the cabin and put my cats together in a large kennel in the cargo hold. I would rather have had them all with me but it wasn't possible and I knew that the cats would be OK in the hold especially if they had each other. I flew WestJet and they were great! Notified me along the way that my cats had been checked on. I was really nervous but they made it so much better. Never been so relieved as I was when I saw their kennel when I arrived in Windsor though.

As for long haired cats, a lion cut is great fun (after). I'm a mean mom but I'm planning to do it again soon. What fun is having animals if you can't embarrass them from time to time??

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I had a cat that we had to have shaved because he had a hard time grooming himself and had super long hair. The groomer also did the lion cut on him, and man, was he embarrassed for days! We thought he looked adorable, though:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts