My parrot get injured

Sanchita

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
A green parrot 🦜name Coco age 3 and half month.
Day before yesterday my parrot get injured by a ceiling fan. As I get he had a little wound in his right wing not internally only external damage.
He can move even he eats normally.
But his voice change a bit and he sleeps a lot. I use cipladine, turmeric paste, salt with warm water in his wound. I even talked to a vet he said that the wound is not deep. But I still worry about him what to do?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so sorry about your baby:( Do you know if the ceiling fan hit his head? Sleeping a lot is what is worrying me. Is there a vet you can take him to?
The eating normally is a good sign. How did his voice change?
I hope he gets better, sending prayers of healing to him.

OP
S

Sanchita

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
I'm so sorry about your baby:( Do you know if the ceiling fan hit his head? Sleeping a lot is what is worrying me. Is there a vet you can take him to?
The eating normally is a good sign. How did his voice change?
I hope he gets better, sending prayers of healing to him.
No it does not hit his head as he can move it properly and even when I am touching he doesn't show any pain and there is not injury in his body rather than his right wing.
There is some changes in his voice while he speaking.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so glad that he didn't hurt his head!
Does he seem like his wing is in pain?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yes but he moves it even he flied few times.

I think you should to try to keep your bird quiet and not allow him to fly for a day or two, as he may be in shock from the collision or might have soft tissue damage. Ideally if you can have him checked out by the vet you spoke to, that would be best. I hope your little one will be ok 🙏

OP
S

Sanchita

Apr 12, 2024
Parrots
I think you should to try to keep your bird quiet and not allow him to fly for a day or two, as he may be in shock from the collision or might have soft tissue damage. Ideally if you can have him checked out by the vet you spoke to, that would be best. I hope your little one will be ok 🙏
Yes I try to not let him fly. Thanks

Most Reactions

Latest posts