My parrotlet CeeCee has died

BirdyMomma

Aug 4, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Parrots
Lilac Crowned Amazon (Bacci- Forever on my shoulder, forever in my heart.)
Yellow Collared Macaw (Loki the Monkey Bird)
Military Macaw (Wingnut)
Citron Crested Cockatoo
(Knuckles)
Oh no :( I am so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel, and my heart hurts for you.

Superbird

Jun 22, 2013
Parrots
Kiku my Black Cap Conure
No necropsy?

I'm sure had he done a necropsy, he would have posted it on this thread. It is too late to be asking that question anyway seeing the date of the original post. Offering your sympathies is the kindest thing one can do at this point.

QUOGUEKEYWALKER

Jan 10, 2014
long island ny
I'm very sad to say that my female parrotlet, CeeCee, has passed away yestereday and I"m not sure why. I had a pair of parrotlets, CeeCee and Beanieboy, and CeeCee had pulled Beanie out of a bad slump and helped turn him from a bad plucker into a healthy, and fully feathered bird. I can't say CeeCee loved me, as she followed me and always tried to bite me, and her tail was always flaired at me, but I do know that I loved her, and I miss her very much. She was the very picture of health and so robust, that I"m in a bit of shock. I've buried her in a treasured spot in my garden.

I've searched my databanks for a clue as to what could have happened to her. She was in the same cage with Beanieboy and right beside a cage of my 2 Fischer lovebirds, and all of those birds are very healthy. So it was not a contagion or bad food, or anything like that. She had the best diet and appetite and I made sure she and they all have lots of choices and lots of fresh foods. The only thing different is that she had laid an egg on the 20th, which had never happened before with her.

She accidently broke the egg the following day (solving for me the delimna of whether to keep it) but had not laid any since. I hadn't been happy about seeing the egg, but I did expect her to lay some more, which she did not. Her appetite during this time was great, and so was her activity and bathing, etc., all normal. Yesterday morning, she was quiet and lethargic. I saw Beanieboy trying to feed her, and she didn't take it (a first), so I reached into the cage and for the first time was able to hold her - and that alarmed me. She died with me holding her in my hand. I can't say for sure what it was that took her down, but in retrospect, I think she may have been egg bound and that I simply didn't realize it or recognize the symptoms until it was far too late.

I'm going to miss her, she was such a character. I'm very concerned about Beanieboy who had been a major plucker for some years, but since I got him CeeCee helped me to rehabiltate him and he is now fully feathered and just as beautiful as she was. I am afraid he may start plucking again so I'll be keeping a very close eye on him, poor thing has been calling out for her but of course no answer :(

Rest in peace my little CeeCee...:green2:

ilost my b&g this last year havnt been able to afford to get another yet so I feel ya pain condolences

Most Reactions

Latest posts