My pink dream. Cockatoo Sammy

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
This crudely is a translation of the ingredients of the pellet you show. Concentrate on the fresh foods you feed and give a small amount of these a day no more than a teaspoon that should be OK. Make sure that Sammy prefers his fresh veggies/fruits etc to the pellets.

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Sorry I am not familiar with those pellets. As long as no artificial colours or preservatives they should be OK. Just remember that fresh foods are the main % of Sammy's diet and you should do OK. Something like 60% fresh and 40% pellets and not as a total diet. OK?

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
Indian Ringnecks (blue female and male) and Cockatoo Galah (male)
Sorry I am not familiar with those pellets. As long as no artificial colours or preservatives they should be OK. Just remember that fresh foods are the main % of Sammy's diet and you should do OK. Something like 60% fresh and 40% pellets and not as a total diet. OK?

About fruits and vegetables I know. No need to remind me about it :)

Wagner's not sold in Russia, but I think Versale-Laga is not the best choice. I thought that the forum someone is buying these pellets

Thanks for the reply

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
plumsmum2005
I found Lafeber treats for Sammy. You advised me previously. How much to give pieces a day Sammy?
CNB-Cockatiel-81640.jpg

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Plum gets a max of 6 of these per day. Confusing as it says up to 15 I think for a 'tiel and RB2's are bigger. Six IMO is enough for Plum with fresh foods.
If Sammy is very active, flies lots, maybe some more. Do you weigh him regularly as this is the best indicator. Too much gain then too much food and need to cut back a bit. Some parronts only feed these as a treat item.

How do you think you will feed them? Treats or as part of his daily intake?
Will you feed pellets as well?
Will you feed seed as well?

Last edited:
OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots
plumsmum2005
Now Sammy's a day eats 2 tablespoons of pellets (Versale-Laga G14), 6-9 types of vegetables, fruits, berries, herbs, 1 tablespoon of sprouted grains and 2-3 nuts.

I think I'll buy pellets Wagner's "Balance" and will give them instead of Versale-Laga, as well I think to buy Lafeber Original Nutri-Berries and give Sammy 2-3 pieces a day.

Last edited:

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Well done, Sammy is a lucky boy and should stay nice and healthy.

Nutriberries make very good training aides, if you want to encourage him to fly to you etc?

OP
SA.Tsv

SA.Tsv

Oct 6, 2016
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Parrots

Nutriberries make very good training aides, if you want to encourage him to fly to you etc?

Sammy and without treats flies to me on command.)

If it is not a required purchase, then I will not buy them) But Wagner's pellets I want to buy a sample)
They are two types of "High energy" and "Balance" which is better?

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.

Sammy and without treats flies to me on command.)

1) If it is not a required purchase, then I will not buy them) But Wagner's pellets I want to buy a sample)
They are two types of "High energy" and "Balance" which is better?

1) Plum likes these and they made it easier for him to eat pellets. Nutriberries and Avicakes give some variety and he likes them. We all hate eating the same stuff. Your choice.

2) Agree in principle but always examine the contents before deciding. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts