River - male GCC
Nemo - female BCC - handicapped
Summer - female pineapple gcc
Rainbow - male yellow side gcc
Lando - male black headed caique
Paprika - female SI eclectu
Hello everyone. Say hello to Nemo:
c0296e7c2004160d31e0cd2b0edd5c8c.jpg

She is the sister to Kylo, who you all were watching the updates on. As you can see in this picture, her left wing is not complete as her mom chewed off the bottom 2/3 of it. Regardless, she is a happy playful little girl.

But Nemo has a problem. She has been going through her chewing phase and unfortunately she loves earlobes. I don’t think she is doing it to hurt me but she has caused me to bleed twice today. She is super sweet to hands and doesn’t bite. Even when playing hard she never clamps down. It’s just an earlobe thing with her.

Any advice on how to stop the bad habit ? Otherwise she is a perfect little girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Shoulders are a privilege. Keep her off them until she’s done with this phase.

Also, make her a necklace from toys (or you can buy them like I did lol) and she will have something acceptable to chew on when she’s on your shoulder. Bumble loves hers and not only chews it up but uses it to dangle from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hello Nemo, you naughty little girl. There's a streak of mischief behind those eyes!

The only advice I can offer you is to employ the "shunning" method if/when she bites. She should be removed from your shoulder and popped down somewhere decidedly un-fun and ignored for 2 minutes or so. Which in her case might be a bit more challenging as she is not fully flighted and finding a safe, non-fun place for her may be difficult. This method worked for me and my long lost (and still hugely missed) GCC called Baci when he would get unreasonable.

You're a little rascal Nemo, I see a lot of shenanigans in your future!

Most Reactions