my precious little baby gouldian finch has fledged!!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I did a post earlier on my baby gouldian finch leaving the nest...gosh it is adorable.

fresh out of the nest, he knew nothing of his new world that was surrounding him.

he tucked him self into the corner of the cage and looked terrified and miserable. it took hours for his parents to begin feeding him again

so I got a fluffy fluzzy ever so soft face cloth, gently lifted him up and placed him on it....he instantly bunkered right down on it with a sigh of relief.
that made my heart feel soooooo good.;):p:p

I have another one in the nest just waiting to come and see the new world and his new surroundings

IMG_3553_zps9d5797e6.jpg Photo by bmckellar735 | Photobucket

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
They leave the nest soooo young....My finches before never left the nest that young before but I've never raised Lady Gouldians before either...

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I know! finches can fly as early as 4 weeks of age, not like other birds.

raising gouldians are very difficult, many pairs toss their chicks constantly.

my other pair tossed 5 chicks in total, all dead :( :(

but this pair are raisers, not tossers, looking forward to the other little one that is just waiting to come out!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
post a pic of the baby

awwww, I just love baby cockatiels....well any baby for that matter!
very nice looking baby you have there.

Lintini

May 5, 2012
Bay Area California
Parrots
Margret-Mealy Amazon 28 (family parrot), Petri- Peach Front Conure 4, Chloe- Congo African Grey 24 and Rio- Blue Crown Conure 4 !! :D
SO cute!!

Did I tell you about the time when I was in 3rd grade, and I was stupid and didnt want to wait for a hand fed lovebird ...... she bit the crap out of me within the week, so parents take me back to the breeder to get the finches I want, where my mom sold her hand fed cockatiels too ....I wanted a gouldian finch but they were like 200$ (this was shoot...20 years ago now?) ....since my dad took me .......I came home with a freakin 5 foot long iguana. OHhhh shopping with my dad is hysterical. I recently went and bought a new toilet with him.......he loves researching and reading EVERYTHING first. I'm like dad...its a toilet......are you serious right now????

Anyways.......CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE BEEEEEEBEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I lived near you I would LOVE to have a pair, they are SO stunning!!!!!!!!!!

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
thanks!...but they are very hard to come by. they are on the endangered species list.

this is where breeders can do some good and help raise these difficult birds to increase their population.

I just adore these birds, the males have a stunning song, and they jump up & down to attract a female.

Most Reactions