My Temperamental Too

Phoenixjay

Sep 5, 2016
Chicago
Parrots
Beaker- 6 year old cockatiel
Leonardo da Birdie- 11 year old cockatiel
Next time you get glasses, you may need to tell the doctor "one second. I need to consult my parrot." XD

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Ohmigosh! I don't know why you'd want to see a pic of me with my new nerd glasses but since you're family, I promise I'll get you one as soon as I can get close enough to Poppy for her to be in the photo too. Until then, my new glasses look like this.

I've vowed never to wear wire frames again. I am going to feel real silly when I go back to the office and ask, "Yeah, I need you to just go ahead and put the new lenses into the old frames, it's better for my cockatoo's mental health."

Isn't it funny what our loves get their feathers in a twist about?

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Funny now that I think about it..Amy and BB could care less..but Jonesy would take my glasses off my face and throw 'em on the floor :eek:

Must be a 'Too thing..:confused: ;)

Jim

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Poppy, please do pardon a tiny detour...
Since Harry and the Rbird are now courting, might I know how her name came about?

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
I am tearing up a little I am laughing so hard. Oh Poppy, you silly girl. And imagining the looks on the optometrist's face when if you try to explain this situation to them... Maybe you'll get lucky and someone there is a parront! "Oh I had to change everything in my life because my bird scowled at me." <-- things only a parront understands

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ohmigosh! I don't know why you'd want to see a pic of me with my new nerd glasses but since you're family, I promise I'll get you one as soon as I can get close enough to Poppy for her to be in the photo too. Until then, my new glasses look like this.

I've vowed never to wear wire frames again. I am going to feel real silly when I go back to the office and ask, "Yeah, I need you to just go ahead and put the new lenses into the old frames, it's better for my cockatoo's mental health."

Isn't it funny what our loves get their feathers in a twist about?

I imagine this was the look on your face when first called a pervert by our Beloved Harry?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
How's Poppy doing today? Has she forgiven your unacceptable choice in eye wear?

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Poppy, please do pardon a tiny detour...
Since Harry and the Rbird are now courting, might I know how her name came about?

Harry detours are quite common, Gail, we've learned to accept it! Harry was a rescue, strange circumstances, she was adult, age unknown, she was plucking, biting, cussing and calling me names, we didn't know her name but she kept saying, "Be a good Boy," when she let herself out of her locked cage to kill us, thinking she was male, we named her Harry for Houdini. By the time we learned she was a female the name was stuck. We have no clue why she calls me Cameron, but it's better than her other name for me which is pervert.

How's Poppy doing today? Has she forgiven your unacceptable choice in eye wear?

April, Poppy absolutely hates me, I've ruined her life! She usually waves to be picked up when she wants a hug at least a couple of times every day. If I'm in the room with her she refuses to come out of her cage. If I get closer than five feet from her she hisses and puts her feathers up. I tried to explain, I need glasses to see, I can't wear contacts, she doesn't care, I'm expecting a hunger strike before the day ends.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ, Allee................ what a story,
I think maybe she is Ms. Harry. Debbie Harry. SHE was a bad girl. I once heard her style described as a highschool cheerleader kidnapped by a biker gang... and liked it.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Allee, don't be surprised if Poppy spurns ALL future glasses. Might be time for contacts or laser surgery!!!

Puck

Mar 8, 2015
Allee, don't be surprised if Poppy spurns ALL future glasses. Might be time for contacts or laser surgery!!!

I wonder if the insurance people would accept that as a reason to pay for LASIK? Necessary to maintain relationship with birdchild!

OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ, Allee................ what a story,
I think maybe she is Ms. Harry. Debbie Harry. SHE was a bad girl. I once heard her style described as a highschool cheerleader kidnapped by a biker gang... and liked it.

Gail, Harry is a force of nature, we're so proud---and afraid!

I cant believe Poppy is dragging it out. That's funny.

CherylCali

I wonder if the insurance people would accept that as a reason to pay for LASIK? Necessary to maintain relationship with birdchild!

Hahaha, my glasses and my relationship with my princess may be safe! The ultimate bribe, homemade birdie bread with a touch of peanut butter.

Whew, I was worried about a hunger strike and my vision. I don't want surgery. My insurance company probably doesn't want me to have surgery either.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Yep! Definitely looks as though all is forgiven! Birdy bread and peanut butter? That wasn't even fair! Lol!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What girl could resist a delicious bribe like that? That bread looks seriously yummy!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Ah thank goodness Poppy is eating, hunger strikes are no joke!

She loves you just as you were Allee and doesn't feel the need for change.

Last edited:
OP
Allee

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
These are awful but I promised! I'm just thrilled to be forgiven and back in Poppy's good graces.

She's sitting on my arm, she loves playing with my hair, she never pulls, she just holds it in her foot.

And this one, she's ranting and making faces at me.

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
Two gorgeous girls together. Hi Sweet Poppy and Allee all the way from Australia. Bundii and Millie say hi and they love you pictures.

Nice glasses Allee. They suit you very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions