My voice changing parrot lol

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
Hi,
Just wondered if anybody has come across this , its nothing major just curious.
My 9 month old male eclectus Jack has been talking quite a bit , probably about 20 - 25 words now but just in the past few days mostly mid sentence he changes his voice.
The voice change is sooooo weird that people are looking at each other and wondering where he got it from ?
It sort of sounds like he is possessed when he changes his voice and there is a rumbling sound from his throat as he does it. Sort of like a little computerised voice and the laugh that also comes with it is quite freaky and eerie. Has anybody come across anything strange like this with their birds ? It is very very weird, will have to try and get it on video.

Robyn

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
LoL how they try to confuse us.....

It must sound so cute when it sounds possessed.
Mishka my AG changes her voice all the time, the word hello, goes from normal to a deep hollow helloooooooooo. When she calls someone by their name, sometimes it sounds like an electrical voice.
I guess they are just being kids, trying out different voice tones.
Enjoy it, that's the joy's of being a guardian, we never know what we are going to hear next.
Would love to see a video !!!!

caliopi

Jan 30, 2010
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot
King Parrot
Puffin says "hello" in about a dozen different voices, we never know which voice we will get and he has about 20 different types of "hello" LOL the one I love the most is a real short "hello" but it is so quick you nearly miss it!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Puffin says "hello" in about a dozen different voices, we never know which voice we will get and he has about 20 different types of "hello" LOL the one I love the most is a real short "hello" but it is so quick you nearly miss it!

Amazing how they entertain themselves.......

LoL we tested Mishka one day. When arriving home we ignored her, to see what her reaction would be....
Hello started out normally, then a bit deeper.
She started shouting out hello in the deepest Pavarotti voice we had ever heard. :eek:

OP
Robyn

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
That is sooo funny that they can change their voices. I too have at times ignored Jack to see how he would react and he would start off with " How are ya ?" and each time he was saying he would reallllly pronounce each word and with a bit of aggression added . hahah They are such gorgeous little things.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That is sooo funny that they can change their voices. I too have at times ignored Jack to see how he would react and he would start off with " How are ya ?" and each time he was saying he would reallllly pronounce each word and with a bit of aggression added . hahah They are such gorgeous little things.

How empty our lives would be without them !!!!

I taught Mishka to say Jenny's doggies are barking woof wof
NOW if I say to her Jenny's doggies bark..............
She saying is a deep deep voice, Jenny's doggies are barking woof woof

LoL is sounds like she is correcting me now :eek: haha

Last edited:
OP
Robyn

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
They are very much attention seekers. I especially like it when Jack takes things and runs as fast as his little legs can carry him when he knows Im coming to take it away. Gee I LOVE THAT ! hahhaa

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
One thought I have on your concern about voice. When animals change voices it can be an upper respiratory issue. Is the voice change all the time or once in a while? If you think it may be a problem I suggest a vet visit. Look in mouth and throat.
You can tell I am a RN can't you!!

OP
Robyn

Robyn

Sep 9, 2009
Media
Oh no , this isnt all the time, I can see he is playing when he does it. When he is chatting away to our other animals or out the window he tends to do it. But I can see he doesnt have any problem with his throat. He is quite a happy little boy and loves to squawk and squeal as well.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
They are very much attention seekers. I especially like it when Jack takes things and runs as fast as his little legs can carry him when he knows Im coming to take it away. Gee I LOVE THAT ! hahhaa

Jake is so beautiful...... ;)

Perhaps he thinks he is Robin Hood, taking from the rich, to give to the poor :eek:

lzver

Mar 17, 2010
Media
Guelph, ON
Parrots
Lucy - Red-Bellied
Jessie - Senegal
That is too cute!

I know that my Sennie and Red-Bellied say different things in different voices. It all depends on who they have picked the word up from.

My sennie whispers peekabo when we play the peekabo game before bedtime, but he also says it with a god awful screach when he's looking for attention.

Laura

Most Reactions