Name help please : ) and homework assignment.

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
GCCs- Turq- Midori & Luna
Pine-Moonshine, YS-Sunshine ~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
Letties - Link and Nimbus~
OK guys. My baby should come home around the 3rd week of March and as some of you know I am VERY ready. I have all my needed supplies now (thank you, again, spiritbird for the sight you told me to go to.) I had my perfect name picked out. Midori for a female since we thought she would probably be a female. Well, as I posted earlier today, my breeder, Christine, informed me that my turquoise baby, now is showing yellow on her wings letting us know that her yellowsided turquoise mama, is showing through. (Dad is a turquoise.) because we now know this, we also know that genetically she cannot be a she, LOL!!! HE is a yellowsided turquoise green cheek. Blech... that is a mouthfull to spit out! Our dna confirmation should be here Monday, but I have seen the genetic calculator so am fairly certain it is right. I know plenty about sex linked traits and autosomal recessive traits, as a zoology major : )

ANYWAY... sorry that was so long. I looked up yellowsided turquoise GCC's and WOW, when I saw the pics, I immediately thought of one thing. They look like the beach! The sand colored breasts, the sunny cheeks, and the ocean colored wings. WOW!!! I have a list of male names that the hubby, the kids and I have come up with but I really want to find a specific beach name for him!!! I would prefer a south American beach, since they are from SA BUT at this point, I really just want to find the right name. I know, I'll know it when I hear it as I have been the last couple of weeks going to visit. The regular names we have all come up with are: (and you will know when the video game children started adding names : )

Hubby's names: Becks, Bacardi, Dos XX, Kramer
Jake's names: Sonic, Luigi, Yoshi
Caleb's names: Blaze, Link, Koopa
Paris's Names: Hobie, Kirby, Moses, Kobee
Gavin's names: Brobie, Rio, Kermit
My Mom: Oscar, Panama (I do not care for either of these)
Me: Neo, Lenny, JoJo, Major, Darroh, Dobby, Zander, Ozzy

The ONLY name I have found so far in the S. Amer beach names that I have liked is, go figure, Rio, which I know after the recent movie, I am sure is a VERY popular bird name. I am having a hard time finding good beach names. Those of you with time on your hands that could help, PLEASE help me find that just right beach name!!!

For some reason, ALL the kids like the name Lenny. I got this from the movie That Thing You Do, which is one of mine and my husbands favorites, BECAUSE of the character, Lenny and his great one liners.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I'm not much help with the names, but is there any way you could post a picture of a ys turq gcc? I just did a search and I can't seem to find a picture of any, but if they are anything like what I imagine, I'm sure they are just beautiful! Congrats!

OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
Let's see if this works ; )

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...art=0&ndsp=54&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0&tx=47&ty=43

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&...tbnw=168&start=54&ndsp=58&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:54

imgres

Last edited:
OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
And to think, honestly, I just wanted a normal gcc. I would be perfectly happy with any gcc, and any mutation. I just want a not so big bird that I can love and will love me, and I don't want to get much bigger atm, since I have 4 young (kind of) kids at home : )

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Just like I expected, absolutely gorgeous! You really lucked out on this one, I'm sure there are loads of people trying to get their hands on these guys!

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
Oh and I like kramer, link, zander and lenny. I like kramer the best, kind of tied on the other three. I always like to wait and meet the bird before I name them, for some reason getting to know them, I'll just have random name pop into my head and it always seems to fit, good luck!

OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
Yes indeed. This is why I am going every week to see my sweet one. I will knoe the personality eventually. As of right now, he is just a sweet baby that likes to stay curled up in my hand and scootches upward when I start talking : ) Yeah, I like Kramer, too. None of the boy names have jumped out at me yet though. I guess I will just have to keep looking until he tells me his name : )

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm not good at names anymore; just so many animals, but I thought of a few:

The obvious one for a beach is Sandy
Rory
Logan
Cedric
Brett
Jimmy (Jimmy Buffet and his beach songs)

Not much of a list and I don't know I even thought of some of those names, lol!

Enjru

Banned
Banned
Feb 19, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
1 x Scarlet Macaw, 2 x DYHA's
Saltspray
Seabird, Seabreeze, Seadance, Sea Dream (my no. 1 favorite yacht cruise), Seagull, Sea Salt, Seaspray, Seatide, Seawave
Ocean, Ocean Bird, Oceanspray (?could be a healthy drink for the bird?), Oceantide, Oceanwave
Surf Bird, Surf Boy, Surfie, Surfie Bird, Surfie Boy, Surf's Up, Surftide
Waverider, Wavetide
Beach Boy, Beach Bird
Kokomo
Flotsam, Jetsam
Rockpool
Wakame, Seagrass, Seaweed Salad
Titicaca (as in Lake Titicaca on the Altiplano in South America), Tiahuanaco (ancient ruins not far from Lake Titicaca)
Cuzco, Machu Picchu
Key Lime, Key Lime Pie
Avocado

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
How "bout...Ipanema, Costa, Cabo, San Luca, Acapulco, Uraguay, LaPlaya, Galapego, or Carnaval?

OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
Thx guys!!! I have now added, Cuzco, Key Lime, Luca, Cabo, and Jimmy Buffet to my list. Thx so much for the help!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh I love naming ! I like the name Yoshi , because that is my Goffin's name :) I love the name Maui , (not sure of spelling )
I'll be right back with a few more , lolol.;)

OP
DaCoSim

DaCoSim

Feb 17, 2012
Katy, TX
Parrots
Tiels- Calypso & Syrio~
Linnies - Yoshi & Sonic~
Sorry this name game was so short lived. Christine, my breeder, felt so bad, that she thought she got my hopes up, but, I wasn't upset at all! MY baby is the one I fell in luv with, and she could be puke colored for all I care! LOL!!! I admit, I really was thrilled to find out she was in fact a she ONLY because, I fell in luv with the name Midori from the very start. I just didn't "feel" ANY of the boy names, so I think that was just my way of knowing, SHE was my baby! I told her I had no gender preference, and didn't care either way. As soon as I saw her, I knew she was to be the one I would take home. I had already thought of the name Midori as a possibility, and she just looked like one. I think that is why I was having such a hard time coming up with a boy name : )

Most Reactions