Name thoughts....

Tonia

May 26, 2013
Hi again my new Amazon friends :green: I do not like the name that was on the papers for my new girl (Daisy)......and I thought I'd decided on "Raini". Still not happy. I want a girly / uber feminine name for her. She is such a sweetheart....very cuddly. I'm looking on name sites but wanted some thoughts from all you other bird-mom's :)

~~~Tonia

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
That's a tough one....I'm REALLY bad at naming my pets, but I'll give it a try (without thoroughly de-railing your thread this time ;) )

Chantilly
Zelda
Prissy
Reba
Gracie
Chloe

????? Drawing a brain fart now.....

Last edited:
OP
T

Tonia

May 26, 2013
Brain fart huh??? hahahahaha.....I'm the queen of those!

~~Tonia :D

PicklesParrot

Feb 25, 2013
Florida
Parrots
Male SI Eclectus
Ive caught the baby fever recently so me and hubby have made a list of names we like for girls. We MUST have a girl. :) But I'll share them with a birdie!

Sophia - Nickname can be Sophie
Ophelia - Nickname can be Opie
Adellina - Nickname can be Addy
Kaleesi - Nickname can be Leesi or Kalee(pronounced Kah-lee)

Wdlodge

May 13, 2013
Media
San Diego
Parrots
Kiwi -Pacific Parrotlet, Rio - Senegal. Both hatched 2/2013
Hi again my new Amazon friends :green: I do not like the name that was on the papers for my new girl (Daisy)......and I thought I'd decided on "Raini". Still not happy. I want a girly / uber feminine name for her. She is such a sweetheart....very cuddly. I'm looking on name sites but wanted some thoughts from all you other bird-mom's :)

~~~Tonia

I like Apple... But that's just me :) that's what I wanted to name my Sennie, but my family voted against me on another fruit name. We already have a Kiwi. LOL We all agreed on Rio. Think she is a hen but if she turns out to be a he then we are covered.

Last edited:

MBL

May 8, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Green Quaker - 5 months old
4 English Budgies
That's a tough one....I'm REALLY bad at naming my pets, but I'll give it a try (without thoroughly de-railing your thread this time ;) )

Chantilly
Zelda
Prissy
Reba
Gracie
Chloe

????? Drawing a brain fart now.....

Ooh, Chantilly is very girlie. She could be Tilly for short :)

Nocturnal

May 15, 2013
A secret place
Parrots
||Mika, 23 yo senegal parrot||Cayenne, 5 yo sun conure||Katana, 6 yo cockatiel||Monk, 4 yo peachfaced lovie||Onyx, 8 yo BH caique||Pluto & Neptune, 4 yo budgies||Tauntaun, 17 yo U2||
Cora
Natascha
Leia
Lilo
Leeloo
Claire
Aurora

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
I've often thought it might be appropriate to name a female Amazon parrot after the Queen of the Amazons in Greek mythology-- but Penthesilea is quite a mouthful to say. :D I suppose it could be simplified to "Penny."

What are your own favorite human feminine names? Think about it, and you may come up with one that fits your Amazon.

OP
T

Tonia

May 26, 2013
*****drum roll please*****

My sweet husband (of 4 1/2 months) made the suggestion that, since we call her "our little girl" (I am 52 & he is 49 so we will never have the blessing of a child that is ours), that we give her the one name that we both love for a little girl......Annelise :) We think it's a beautiful name for our beautiful new girl.

~~~Tonia & Annelise:green:

christinereed

Mar 13, 2013
Media
Ohio
Parrots
Emily, dbl yellow Amazon
I wouldn't have picked the name Emily, but it was already our bird's name. She was three when we got her, so I just kept it. I have no idea what I would have named her, but probably something shorter with a "k" sound in it.

Devann

Aug 2, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Vino - Alexandrine, Spot - Congo African Grey
Both my girls came with very un-girly names - Vino and Spot. So not names I would choose but I didn't feel right changing their names when I adopted them. Annalise is a beautiful name!

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I saw "Raini" and thought of "Rahni" as I know someone with that name.

Annelise is pretty! Cute how it can be shortened to Anny!

Most Reactions

Latest posts