Names that sound like "Squacky"?

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I vote Ackee,which is a traditional Jamaican food. (Not that I'd be associating him with food or anything! Lol!) or Aki, which is the Japanese word for Autumn. It has a slightly different pronunciation. (Softer "A" sound.)

Either would transition smoothly from... shudder... Squacky. Haha!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Lol thanks folks! Haha, to answer the questions, they have not been breeders and never will be. They are in terrible health, I have another post called Specific Eckie Rehab Questions of something like that that goes into the story. I was told they are Vos, and he might be, but I do not think she is. I am picking them up on Sunday and will post pictures :)

We have dumped the attempt at a similar name and are now thinking Hapu, Hero, Lohey (Kealoha; "love is all around" in Hawaiian), or Royal.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I've changed bird's names. They don't seem to mind. I do like Stephen's suggestion, Aki. I like the name Royal too, it seems right for a male eclectus. So much more appropriate than Squacky.

No matter what name you choose, I'm really looking forward to photos and hearing more of their continuing journey. You must be so excited and a tiny bit nervous. They are very fortunate birds, Dani.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Try a huge bit nervous! These birds have been so loved yet so neglected, I am VERY concerned about their health and the amount of stress the transition will put on them, and honestly I am frightened about the physical strain on them. Kind of like when a doctor tells someone not to stop smoking because it is too late and will put too much strain on their heart?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
I understand your apprehension, Dani. I also understand, 'so loved yet so neglected', but you have a lot of experience, a huge heart and you're dedicated to giving them a better life. I think you'll be surprised at their resilience. You also have a great support group and members of the forum willing to share knowledge and experiences.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Try a huge bit nervous! These birds have been so loved yet so neglected, I am VERY concerned about their health and the amount of stress the transition will put on them, and honestly I am frightened about the physical strain on them. Kind of like when a doctor tells someone not to stop smoking because it is too late and will put too much strain on their heart?

Change both names to Hope and Faith..... JK You are going to do a great job at helping these guys

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I can understand how scary it is. Hopefully it will all be fine!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Lol but those are both girl names!

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Oh boy :eek: I have to agree here. That is a terrible name. Personally, I don't think it even has to rhyme. He will eventually get used to a new name whatever it may be, and the intelligent creature will come to realize that is his new name :).

Phoenix is one of my favorite bird names. Fitting for a red bird especially, as a phoenix is said to be red and gold?

Are these breeders or pets? Do you know what subspecies?

I personally like the names of apples, i.e Apple, Fiji etc. :09:

Most Reactions