Naming help!

Qckslvr

Aug 2, 2020
San Jose
Parrots
Sun Conure
On October 18th my wife and I will be bringing home our second Sun Conure. He/She is a mutation known as a high yellow.

My wife and I have been trying to think of a good name for the bird. We will know it's gender in about a week, but it really looks to be a female.

So for I have come up with Coni ... short for Conisaur. :p My wife was thinking Blondie, but that was a bit bland.

So here we are.... What says the public?

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
What are your favorite non-bird-related hobbies?

And, what is the name of your first sun conure?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
your name is better lol- not a huge fan of blondie..
I don't like naming pets after people or based on looks (personally) BUT if you take that route, Marigold could be cute (yellow flower).
There are a ton of cliche bird names, so I'd also avoid those (again, just personal opinion).

Last edited:

KitKatPlus

Sep 19, 2020
Santa Cruz, CA
Parrots
Caesar the tiel (foster)
I also love names in the native language from where birds are from - like my african grey who I named Mabawa, which means "wings" in Swahili (of course he was a foster so I was sad I didn't get to enjoy it long.. it fit him though!). I always think those kinds of names are fun :)

OP
Q

Qckslvr

Aug 2, 2020
San Jose
Parrots
Sun Conure
Yes we are avoiding the cliche sun conure names indeed. Our current sun is Percival Sunny Parrot III.

We haven’t had three parrots.... but it had a nice ring to it.

Hobbies, gaming and bonsai... how’s that for a weird combo.

We tried to think of some native names, some are very beautiful, but we tend to lean towards,the sillier of the names.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Quilla godess of the moon

Willow
Amelia
Arabella ( think air a bella , like beautiful air lol)
GiGi
Raz
The name Raz means Secret
My tiniest dog is named Pixie, but I think that's a great little parrot name too

Of course I just named my new one Orbit, and my GCC is Ta-dah
So I choise unique ( maybe odd names lol)
Congratulations look forward to name and oic!

Last edited:

Apollo4

Sep 12, 2020
Gulf coast texas
Parrots
Apollo green cheek conure
When we got our gcc the pet store had named him Apollo and his cage mate athena. I told my husband he could change it cause it's not like anyone actually called him that, but he couldn't think of a better one. I've always loved Greek god names beautiful and powerful with lots of meaning. Artemis was always my favorite.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
What kind of gaming? Video? Is there a favorite character you could name him after? Tabletop? A favorite monster maybe? I just read a book about a dragon and might use the dragon’s name for some future pet. So maybe a favorite character from a book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Latest posts