Napping when i leave the room.

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
So i spend very much time with my Parrotlets, and now when its getting darker my one Parrot is napping more. I know its normal to nap. They Wake up as soon as i walk in the room and wants to play. And when i leave the room they nap. Should i be concerned? Ive had a vet check up on them 2 weeks ago and the vet told Ya they are in good shape!
Do i Worry to much? Cuase i dont know if birds sleep more when winter time soon appears?
image.jpg

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Parrots commonly follow the length of the day and as the Seasons transition it is not uncommon for them to sleep longer. During the day, they will vary their activity based on their interests. Here, you are commonly a high interest and they have a want to be around and on you. So, fairly common schedule, very busy while you are there, nap a bit when you are not.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
SO cute! Parrotlets are like mini-Amazons. Tiny bird with BIG personality.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Bumble, my Parrotlet, has been napping more lately too. I think it's the change of seasons. She seems to get more sweet, snoozy, and snuggly when there's less daylight. In fact she was just snoozing on my finger a few minutes ago!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Bumble, my Parrotlet, has been napping more lately too. I think it's the change of seasons. She seems to get more sweet, snoozy, and snuggly when there's less daylight. In fact she was just snoozing on my finger a few minutes ago!
She’s less hormonal, too, which may make her a more relaxed and pleasant bird.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
She’s less hormonal, too, which may make her a more relaxed and pleasant bird.
You're probably right! She IS molting though, but she asks me for skritches to help with her pinnies 😭

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Ouch. I bet she bites you when you poke them wrong, too.
Nah she makes a very specific unhappy sound and jerks away from me. She's the sweetest really.

Also she's asleep right now and tomorrow I'll probably remember that she's ACTUALLY the devil incarnate 😂😂

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Aww thats adorable!!🥺

Most Reactions

Latest posts