Nashville Bird Fair!!!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I should of posted this earlier but I've been busy... it was today and tomorrow. So tomorrow its from 9am-3pm at the state fair grounds. I decided not to bring my macaw there I thought he might freak out so I took him to the vet thursday. He freaked out.... just as I thought....it would of been unenjoyable for me at the fair if I had brought him along.... if your coming, use a carrier is prefered cause there's gonna be a ton of birds.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww i don't think there is such thing as bird fairs here?? but nice that you knew willie enough to know he'd be a tad *oh not liking this matey!

what happens at a bird fair?? and hoped you still went and had agood time

merlinsmom13

Jul 27, 2010
Beckley, WV
Parrots
Merlin a Red Crowned Amazon
Do you really take your bird to this fair? It would make me nervous to expose Merlin to so many other birds. I would love to go & look @ the other birds though. I don't think there are any close to us, maybe someday. Sounds like great fun.

Mike

Mar 15, 2011
Media
Albums
Atlanta, GA USA
Parrots
A Greenwing, a Sun Conure, and a Hahn's Macaw
I'd be careful about taking your bird to a bird fair. (s)he could catch something from the many birds at the fair. If you do choose to take your bird I suggest you quarantine him/her when you bring it home again.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
No I did not bring him, you guys needs to re-read what I typed! LoL

I took Willie to the vet Thursday afternoon and had his nails done. I knew he would freak out...IF I brought him to the bird fair, I wouldn't stay long cause he would drive me up the walls....When he freaks out, he nips at me constantly to let me know he doesn't like it or he's scared.... Plus I didn't want to take the risk of contracting anything....

I did go to the fair today though, bought a bird stand (got pics I'm fixing to post), toys, feed dishes that I modified in my aviary, and food....spent a fortune....lol

Mike

Mar 15, 2011
Media
Albums
Atlanta, GA USA
Parrots
A Greenwing, a Sun Conure, and a Hahn's Macaw
We've got a bird fair coming up in Atlanta at the end of April. I'm either walking out with a playground, a carrier, and an outdoor aviary; or I'm ordering them online immediately afterwards. My baby Greenwing comes home in June and I want to get the purchase of these three items behind me.

OP
MikeyTN

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
It would be the same vendors that was here going to your bird fair! I ran outta money at $300, should of brought more...lol...There was so much I wanna buy, look at the Dragon wood perches if it's the same vendors, a large one is only $10 and it would be great for your macaw cage or for the aviary....

Most Reactions