Naughty cag

peg53

Dec 10, 2010
wales
Parrots
I Keep timneh greys x 3 pairs, 2 pairs quaker parrots, 2 pairs senegal parrots, 1 pair of green cheek conures, 2 pairs of kakarikis, 6 pairs cockateils,1 very large pair of mealy amazons, and 1 congo
Hi peggy is now approaching 7 months now and she is starting to get a little naughty, she will not go to anyone else and will not let anyone near me when he/she is out of her cage ( we always call he/she a her). peggy was 6 weeks when we had her she was parent reared but in someones home. They opened the box at 5 weeks and put all 3 chicks at the bottom of the cage in a litter tray. They discovered peggy was disabled. I got a call from the owner who asked if I could go over and take a look at her, I confirmed that it was a disability and told them to take her to the vet. About a week later I had another call and went over to see them, and they asked me to take peggy off their hand. The vet had told them she would cope and learn to live with her disability, but the owners said they could not sell her and did not want to keep her if I did not have her she would have been put to sleep. Home she came and I hand reared her she took to it well but my whole family took their turn also. She was very brave and adjusted well, but I cant understand why she does not want anyone else near her. I get her out every day ( stepping up is not easy with her legs so wide apart) and she sits on my knee and now can climb all over me well but sometimes she is a little naughty with me but I can bring her round well. She is such a special little thing and everyone loves her and just wants to give her the odd fuss. peggy.jpg

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Welcome to the forum!

You are an absolute gem for saving this beautiful bird.

Di has given you a wonderful link and she personally gives wonderful advice. Ant is another excellent mod with an AG....I'm sure she can also help!! Last but not least, greycloud is brilliant with her knowledge.....I genuinely think that between them, there is nothing these three ladies don't know!

Of course, there are plenty of people with worlds of experience on here with grey's and other birds. Stick around, I know they will help every step of the way!

OP
peg53

peg53

Dec 10, 2010
wales
Parrots
I Keep timneh greys x 3 pairs, 2 pairs quaker parrots, 2 pairs senegal parrots, 1 pair of green cheek conures, 2 pairs of kakarikis, 6 pairs cockateils,1 very large pair of mealy amazons, and 1 congo
Thank you very much for your replies I have read the link and it is very informative. I think some of her problems may have been when she was removed from the nest box and left open to things she was not used to in one foul swoop. She has been sitting on my knee a few moments ago and my daughter was in her view i went to stroke her on the back and she pecked at my finger. It is so strange because to the best of our ability she has had no bad experience with any of our family.They all think she is the bees knees even if she does not like them, they all buy things for her if they are out and about they still love her to bits. If any one has any training advice for a disabled bird I would be very grateful. Tnx

Most Reactions

Latest posts