Need good thoughts

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I don't know where the baby gets his strength from.
We tubed milk into him.
He's a strong little sucker

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
And yes I'm exhausted

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'm freaking out over here now. Why is he laying there? Can't he get back up? Or is he just plain exhausted from doing laps earlier?

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Vet said he had a full belly and should rest an hour or two. Apparently he didn't listen as he's up now. But we got a good amount into his tummy.
I have to monitor him to see if he's getting enough as she thinks he is nursing just not as aggressive as we would like.
So for now I'm going to nap

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
I think he's getting it.

So relieved mommy is being excellent this time around.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
He's quite the active little bugger, isn't he? :D And boy, what a looker he is!!! :smile015:

I'm glad you got a nap in....or did you?

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife
Congrats!! I'm so happy you have a healthy baby with a good momma! Still sending happy thoughts. Any news on the other mare?

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
The baby is so cute!! I'm glad all is going well. Thanks for answers to my ignorant horse questions lol. It's very interesting.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
The baby is so cute!! I'm glad all is going well. Thanks for answers to my ignorant horse questions lol. It's very interesting.

No problem at all!
Been a long morning but mommy number 1 (river) is a perfect mother absolutely perfect.
Baby has finally figured out how to nurse... Can't say I've had one take that long and it was scary.
The other mare may foal tonight but if she doesn't I will put her under the camera tomorrow.
image_23.jpg

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
image_24.jpg

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
image_25.jpg

You can't even imagine my relief that she is a good momma this year.
Looking at this baby and how everything went I think river knew last year her baby had something wrong. Nature knows better.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
He's quite the active little bugger, isn't he? :D And boy, what a looker he is!!! :smile015:

I'm glad you got a nap in....or did you?

Isn't he gorgeous?!?! And I slept an hour... Was too stressed to stay down any longer.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Congrats!! I'm so happy you have a healthy baby with a good momma! Still sending happy thoughts. Any news on the other mare?

Thank you so much! I'm hoping his igg comes back good... I was told because of last year it wouldn't hurt to test him normally (12-18 hours) and also at 48. So I will be doing so.
Actually the snap shot was my friend who runs a HUGE. Breeding farm in Kentucky who happened to be here for the weekend. She took care of river for me in ky three years ago. She said rivers baby and river both look excellent in her (very experienced opinion).

Now I think my other mare is getting jealous... My friend is there watching her while I go to work but she is acting slightly different. Won't be surprised if the jealousy kicks her in to labor overnight.

Bandespresso

Dec 22, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Parrots
Congo African Grey+
Worked closely with many species, birds with behavioral problems, and now birds of prey and other wildlife

Thank you so much! I'm hoping his igg comes back good... I was told because of last year it wouldn't hurt to test him normally (12-18 hours) and also at 48. So I will be doing so.
Actually the snap shot was my friend who runs a HUGE. Breeding farm in Kentucky who happened to be here for the weekend. She took care of river for me in ky three years ago. She said rivers baby and river both look excellent in her (very experienced opinion).

Now I think my other mare is getting jealous... My friend is there watching her while I go to work but she is acting slightly different. Won't be surprised if the jealousy kicks her in to labor overnight.

Yeah it definitely wouldn't hurt to double test! I almost wonder if River rejected her last baby because it was sick....animals have a weird sixth sense as far as that goes. Part of me hopes your other mare goes into labor ASAP but another part of me wants you to have a break :09:. We had a foal last week (gypsy x Clydesdale super adorable!) who took hourrrrsss to nurse and the owners were terrified it wasn't going to make it. All is well now! They are so awkward and adorable at this age!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh my Gosh! YES, he's a STUNNER! But you know, his mom is quite the gorgeous girl herself. :D

Now I (almost) regret downloading the program needed to view the video....cause I'm hooked.

You've got to be running on sheer adrenaline, and nothing else.

Good luck for tonight! (IF she foals, too). You will be way past overdue for some GNS (good night sleep). HUGS to you! And THANK YOU for being an EXCEPTIONAL harent (horse parent)...I just made that up as I was typing.

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Yea we are all starting to think river might be more in tune than we have her credit for. If you watched her today she licked and licked and tried to position herself so the milk bar was easy access. She's very loving and trusting of me anyways but now I'm honestly blown away.

4 hours of not nursing although the vet thinks he was getting a little... Really scared me. So glad he's doing well at it now!
Almost home to battle the little bugger for some blood. Should be interesting.

Yeah it definitely wouldn't hurt to double test! I almost wonder if River rejected her last baby because it was sick....animals have a weird sixth sense as far as that goes. Part of me hopes your other mare goes into labor ASAP but another part of me wants you to have a break :09:. We had a foal last week (gypsy x Clydesdale super adorable!) who took hourrrrsss to nurse and the owners were terrified it wasn't going to make it. All is well now! They are so awkward and adorable at this age!!!

OP
D

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Oh my Gosh! YES, he's a STUNNER! But you know, his mom is quite the gorgeous girl herself. :D

Now I (almost) regret downloading the program needed to view the video....cause I'm hooked.

You've got to be running on sheer adrenaline, and nothing else.

Good luck for tonight! (IF she foals, too). You will be way past overdue for some GNS (good night sleep). HUGS to you! And THANK YOU for being an EXCEPTIONAL harent (horse parent)...I just made that up as I was typing.

River is the love of my life (ok chapel is too.. Aw man they all are)... She won a lot of races for me and seemed to love performing for me.

Aren't you glad you did? Babies are so fun to watch! And heck I paid for the hosting so I could monitor it off site so might as well get my money's worth! Wouldn't you know my dad can't figure it out though??? I wish he could.
I actually hope chapel just gets it over with so my life can resume...

And don't say that too loud... My fids are NOT happy with me as I literally spent 5 minutes with them today. So they would tell you I'm the worst mom EVER.

Most Reactions

Latest posts