Need Help Finding Owner: Tagged Budgie

Bird_Lover58

Jun 27, 2019
Hello, I am new here and although I have no birds I need help tracking down the owner of a budgie found in Kings Mills, Ohio.
It is an all-white budgie with light blue shoulder, back of the neck, and underwings. It has no markings, has a yellow beak, and a reddish-pink cere. It has a clear-ish tag with the numbers 166050 on it. There are no letters. Sex unknown, and I don't know if it is microchipped or not.
I entered information into parrotalert.com. I will upload a photo when I can. Any ideas on what to do? My neighbor found the bird and she is feeding it wild bird seed. Is that ok to feed it or should I just go to the pet store and buy some parrot seed?
Thanks, Lauren

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thank you for taking care of this lost little one! If you can pick up some pellets and maybe a little seed from the pet store, that would be great. Fresh veggies and fruit, if he’ll eat them, are also good. The wild bird food is not a great plan. Probably better than nothing in an emergency.

Post on the Facebook group Parrot911. Also any local lost pets Facebook groups. Look for flyers. Check with local vets-especially avian and exotic vets-to see if anyone has reported losing a bird. It’s unlikely that he’s chipped-I think budgies are too small-but you can ask the local vets if it’s possible and if so, have him scanned.

I’m so thrilled that you’re trying to find his people. Someone may be heartbroken wondering where he is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh and maybe don’t post his band number. Make any potential owners tell you what it is. I don’t think budgies are really in danger of being nabbed by bird flippers, but an abundance of caution never hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bird_Lover58

Jun 27, 2019
Thank you for the information! I'll start asking around at local vets to see if anyone reported him. Have a great day!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

Most Reactions

Latest posts